10 lbs in 2 weeks.. too quick?

Options
2»

Replies

• CalypsoNi
    CalypsoNi Posts: 44
    Options
    Sounds good to me...Was wondering what Zumba dvd do you do?

I'd like to know which DVD you're doing as well.
    I use the Exhilarate set.
  • txann97
    txann97 Posts: 6
    Options
    Sounds good to me...Was wondering what Zumba dvd do you do?

I'd like to know which DVD you're doing as well.
    I use the Exhilarate set.

Thanks!
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    About 2 weeks or so ago I started doing Zumba, on DVD for now since I can't get to a gym. Last week before my period began I weighted in at 205-206. This week after i'm at 198 or so(Loss of waterweight perhaps?). I have not been starving myself at all! I had 2 pieces of chocolate cake in the last few days for crying out loud! Haha. I'm on a 1500 a day fix, and it seems to work just fine for me. My cravings have gone down so it's easy to pass up the junk! I love this mindset. I've been doing Zumba 3-5 days a week for 30-60 mins(average 40 mins).

However, is 10 lbs loss in 2 weeks dangerous? I hear you tend to lose it quickly when you first start, but I didn't figure it'd be THIS quick. Just want to know if this is unhealthy, thanks guys!

Probably not. Starting anything new, esp if you are being vigilant about food intake results in a number of changes. Your calorie intake is fine and you haven't lost 10 lb of fat so I wouldn't overreact one way of the other. You will likely plateau for a while as the body sorts itself out and then see more steady changes.