When your husband likes the thicker girls.

Options
I am 5 ft tall just about 3 years ago I weighed about 103 lbs. My husband was always telling me I need to gain weight, I felt good only thing was my boobs were smaller wich sucked! Wish I was one of thise skinny girls with big boobs lol, any how now I am 120 lbs and my husband just loves it, but I kinda miss being skinny and wearing what ever I want to wear! It's hard to find the motivation tho to lose weight when my husband not only doesn't mind the extra weight he likes it! Any advice?

Replies

• kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Is there any way to meet him in the middle and get to 110? At 110 do you feel good? Or do you feel for YOU that you need to get back to 103?

I only say this because when I met my BF I got to my lowest weight EVER (even in high school). Even though he loved me for me and was attracted, he thought I was a bit too thin (and I probably was), so I met him in the middle and gained about 10lbs. I'm happy and he's happy. Now, do I wish I was still rockin' those size 4's? Yeah, but my 6's and 8's are fine too.
  • JulietF72
    JulietF72 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Live for yourself not your husband. He met you at 103 and was attracted to that weight of he wouldn't have crosses the room. How you feel about yourself is more important than his needs. Don't meet him in the middle, stay true to yourself.
  • kp3868
    kp3868 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've never been above the 120's since 6th grade at 5 foot tall my max was 226 most recently 18 months ago since then I've lost 85lbs. When I was 22 weighing about 185 wearing a negative A cup with sock fillers I made the decision to have implants.

Auhh best decision of my life for my self esteem! I can't tell you what being a big girl felt like with no boobs! Pretty much an ant bite. Soon after I lost down to about 135 I was thick in all the right places and my boobs rocked!! I'm 25lbs from goal now which is 135 I'm getting there and after 85lbs and a set of twin girls and a boy.... hey the boobs still rock! I can still go braless without sag I'm approaching 10 years on the implants now I so want to have a tummy tuck to fix my awesome baby belly once I've lost all my intended weight.

I also have an issue with my husband liking tall big girls & BIG BOOTY STRIPPER CHICKS! like you would see on love and hiphop or in some video somewhere! Im so short and petite. Sometimes i question myself am I the one for him even 5 years later....

I'm loosing weight for me to be a healthier me! To be a healthier mom and wife secondly! I just try to keep it fresh in the bedroom and keep an open line of communication of our needs! It's challenging at times! Do what makes you feel good about yourself. If it's thinner then be there at your happy place. We have to love the skin we are in!
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Try some weight lifting to re-comp a bit.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Do things for yourself.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    OP Is your husband a thin guy??
  • dirtyflirty30
    dirtyflirty30 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You have to be happy with you. Easier said than done, though.
    50452 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I think we should do things - within reason, of course - to make ourselves attractive to our spouses; that's part of the reason I'm trying to lose weight.

My husband prefers long hair, so I wear my hair long. I'm at the point in my life where I would prefer a short, easy style. Or bald (guys have it easy). He would not be negative in any way if I were to go short (he may say something if I went bald, though ;) ).

The person above who suggested meeting him in the middle at 110 sounds good. Could you do that? I wouldn't suggest it if it made you horribly unhappy.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Do things for yourself.

+1

• Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    50452 wrote: »
    I'm at the point in my life where I would prefer a short, easy style. Or bald (guys have it easy).

Not gonna lie, there are times I'd go bald in a heartbeat if it wasn't culturally frowned upon. (And morally repugnant to lie and say "ummmm.... chemo? Sure, totally chemo. Yep.")
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    As long as you are happy with who you are and what you weigh, that's all that matters.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Do things for yourself.

This. My husband prefers thicker girls, but he's totally on board and supportive of my decision to lose weight. As much as I love him, it's my body and I get to decide how it looks. And he agrees. I might ask for his input sometimes, but ultimately it's all on me.
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    If you continue to live a life for your husband when are you going to live life for yourself.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    I'm just flabbergasted that you call a 5' 120lbs girl a "thicker" girl.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    My husband doesn't have a problem with me either gaining or losing weight. He loves me! But as far as attraction, he prefers I not get mega thin. He just said he prefers some curves.
  • vmt2010
    vmt2010 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I was thinking 107-110 would beva good goal.
    -My husband is an average weight.
  • vmt2010
    vmt2010 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Well 128lbs would be overweight so Id say its on the thicker side, plus with my body shape i would consider me to be thick then thin
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    vmt2010 wrote: »
    Well 128lbs would be overweight so Id say its on the thicker side, plus with my body shape i would consider me to be thick then thin

Yep, I agree. I'm 5'1" and my highest weight (non-pregnant) was 125 lbs. I felt horrible! When you're that short a few pounds make a huge difference. That's what I weighed when I met my husband 15 years ago, but I lost 30 lbs. and I feel great. (I'm not at all suggesting everyone 5'1" should weigh what I weigh; just saying everyone is different and my health is excellent.)
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    You've got to do you. It is hard work getting to a place where you are willing to be exactly who you are meant to be, I get it. I have dated people who only liked blondes, but I've always felt best as a brunette. Then there was one gal who only liked brunettes, which made me want to rebel and put blonde in my hair. The person I've chosen to be with now accepts me when I want brown hair, blonde hair, short (I mean SHORRRT) hair, or long. She loved me when I was thicker and admires my fitness now. Your husband needs to accept you for you and you've got to find a place where you're okay with being yourself. It's a journey lady. It's not easy.
  • Vcorz
    Vcorz Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    DO what you want, OP, I'm just amazed at all the negativity towards taking one's own husband;s opinion into account. It seems husbands are supposed to be always concerned with what their wives think...marriage needs to be a two way street. Of course you should care what your husband thinks!