body weight only exercise plan

Hello,
Does anyone have an excersie plan using body weight only that isvgeared towards fat burning?

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Fat loss comes from what and how much you eat.

Exercise is good for addressing other health and fitness goals (strength, muscle mass, endurance, cardiovascular, mobility, balance, agility, speed).
  • Timson81
    Timson81 Posts: 80 Member
    Depending on how much money you are willing to spend, I think freeletics and "you are your own gym" by Mark Lauren are worth looking for.
    The latter is basically a motivational book with a workout plan for like 10 weeks. If you consider reading it, you should be critcal: I think, it's wrong, what he writes about cardio and "no machines" actually means "improvised machines" - he is making much use of furniture for help...

Freeletics is kind of fun with its community and smartphone app. But the virtual coach isn't cheap. Workouts are pretty hard and based on speed, but I love it.

Anyway, any kind of (body)weight training helps burning fat. But the right nutrition is essential.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Check out FitnessBlender.com, they are also on YouTube, they have a variety of workouts from cardio, hiit, strength training and body weight and they are free. But as AllanMisner said, fat loss comes from nutrition.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    If all you want to do is burn calories it really doesn't matter what you pick.
    You should consider goals that are a little more detailed and pick a program that focuses on working towards that goal. Getting stronger, increasing endurance, increasing cv system etc
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Eat at a calorie defecit

But I still think this is an excellent beginner's bodyweight programme http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/