Low calorie breakfast options?

Options
13»

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Two slices of bacon (70ish calories, weigh them)
    9 tablespoons of egg beaters (75 calories)
    Slice of arnolds bakery lite toast (40 calories)
    Wedge of laughing cow cheese (35 calories)

220 calories. Add more of bacon, egg, cheese, or whatever you want to fill out the last 80 calories.
  • Tea_Lord
    Tea_Lord Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've been mixing a scoop of protein powder with ice, water + cinnamon, It's really tasty and filling and 100 cals :) you can always throw some frozen fruit in as well.
    + Just in case you want to know, I currently use 'myprotein', I've only tried chocolate banana flavour so far but it's nice :)
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    My go-to breakfast is fresh cantelope and a bacon Pillsbury toaster scramble. Quick, easy to carry on bus, and in the lower calorie range.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options

Genesis 1:29 - Sprouted Grain and Seed Bread, 1 slice
    Eggland's Best - Hard-cooked Peeled Medium Eggs, 1 egg
    Applegate Farms - Natural Chicken and Apple Breakfast Sausage Patty, 2 patty

260 calories.
  • kenmiller75
    kenmiller75 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Toast an english muffin in the toaster and scramble an egg in a coffee cup with cheese and bacon pieces. Cook in microwave for 60 seconds while the muffin is toasting. When muffin is done slap them together, stick in your mouth, chew, swallow and repeat. A quick and healthy breakfast for less than 300 calories.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Three times a week I make me and my husband the following (I use a little olive oil in the pan). This is a bit lower in carbs and calories than cereals, muffins, etc..

1 egg white or whole egg (fried - seasoned to taste for us no salt)
    1 slice 2% milk American cheese
    2 slices Canadian bacon
    with one slice of Sara Lee 45 calorie bread (multi grain).

Another breakfast we do on alternate days is

Triple Zero Oikos Yogurt (vanilla) 7 ounces
    Hand full nuts (almonds)
    One of favorite fruits (grapes, watermelon or cantaloupe, honey dew, strawberries)

It looks like a lot folks have a breakfast sandwich of some type or something with eggs. (either egg whites or entire egg works great).

No oatmeal is allowed in our house! LOL :):):):)
  • happydrummingmonkey
    happydrummingmonkey Posts: 9 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I usually eat 1/2 cup greek yogurt 2%fat with 1/2 banana sliced, 30gr whole grain cereal and I sometimes add oats and cranberries. It's around 300 calories and delicious!! I like it so much I even use it as a recovery meal after exercise too.
  • JoyeII
    JoyeII Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Make a batch of egg "muffins" on the weekend for quick breakfasts throughout the week.

Egg Muffins

Ingredients
    1/2 pound ground breakfast sausage
    12 eggs
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    1/4 cup chopped green pepper
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Directions
    Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.

In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add onion, green pepper, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Stir in sausage and cheese.

Spoon by 1/3 cupfuls into muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.

Yield: 1 dozen.

Nutritional Facts
    1 serving (2 muffins) equals 266 calories, 20 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 448 mg cholesterol, 516 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.
  • Halcyon3608
    Halcyon3608 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Here's what I've been enjoying lately:
    - 1 hard-boiled egg (80 cals if extra large)
    - 2 slices of bacon (the kind I get is 80 cals per two slices)
    - 1/2 cup of whole-fat plain Greek yogurt (Fage is 95 cals)
    - 50g of raspberries (25 cals)

It all clocks in under 300 cals and having all the separate things to eat makes me feel like it's a proper meal. Every Sunday I portion out each weekday's yogurt & raspberries, cook/peel/package the eggs, and cook/package the bacon. I like baking my bacon in the oven. That way, you get nice straight strips. Just lay the bacon out on a cookie sheet (can line with parchment paper if you like), set the oven to 400, and put the pan in right away. Cooking time varies based on the thickness of the bacon and how quickly your oven heats up. I pack it all in a Tupperware container that I leave in the fridge at work. Each morning, I pull out two strips, fold some paper towel around them, and microwave for 20 seconds. Perfect bacon!
  • 37lbs_to_go
    37lbs_to_go Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I love my Hamilton egg muffin maker. Takes about 3-4 minutes to heat up and 5 to cook the sandwich. Cleanup is like a waffle iron. Just wipe with a damp paper towel.

Ingredients: English muffin, egg, cheese, and meat. You can easily keep the calories down under 300 by choosing turkey (I use Hormel natural) for your meat and shredded cheese instead of sliced.
  • WRLemmon
    WRLemmon Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Keeping it simple one microwaved poached egg, and one slice of whole gain toast comes in at 241 Calories. If you like to spice it up in the morning like I do you can add some chopped Jalapeno peppers to the egg before you cook them.