Puzzled: last two days 'gaining' weight?

Options
Losing weight I know requires but hard to practice 'patience.' As of Monday, I had lost 21 # since Jan 30. I follow a diabetic diet religiously, look forward to and go daily to the Y doing cardio on Elliptical and strength training on the circuit. But since Monday I have added 2.2 #. I drink 14 oz water daily, low carbs and sugar intake is under 5% of total calories. Puzzled why this 2 # increase in weight? I have added following my Y workouts the last couple of days a 45 minute casual walk at the park. I know weight will fluctuate but an increase of 2 pounds?

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    It should be anything from a different brand of bacon, to a change in barometer. Just keep doing what you're doing and keep an eye on it. It's probably just water.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Two pounds in two days is normal for me. Some people can go up close to 5 pounds in a day.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    ^Both of them are right.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Totally normal. I was up 4 pounds Monday morning but hit a new low today, two days later.
    (Daily weigher for two years so I know all about fluctuations)
  • no1texan
    no1texan Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    This is what so great about MFP! People...friends who share and say I have been there. This is very encouraging to me. I know some say don't weigh daily and that's ok. For me, at least in my journey to get to my goal, I weight and record it each day just to keep myself accountable and with your responses, this helps me to keep on going:)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Fluctuations of 2 Lbs are pretty par for the course...I can easily fluctuate 3-5 Lbs from day to day. I'm up 3 Lbs from yesterday...my guess is my corned beef dinner last night for St. Paddy's day...sodium bomb.

Also, you only drink 14 oz water per day? That's not very much at all...
  • DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I can easily fluctuate 3 lbs in a day. (Usually after a sodium-heavy day.)

If you drink more water then that may help with some of the fluctuations.
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    14oz is only 414ml, way under the 8 cups/2000ml reccomendation for an adult. I can down that in one go. I usually have 3-4 litres per day (101-135floz a day) as it's warm here and I sweat a lot.

The more I drink, the more regular my weight loss is.

Also I agree about weight fluctuations, though I have never had one as large as the others mentioned, my weight goes up 100 or 200g some days.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I concur with the fact that you probably haven't gained 2.2 lbs in 2 days.

I also think 14 oz is ridiculously low. I know for absolute certainty that I would be dehydrated on that.

I drink my first 90 oz at work, and then usually another 30 or so after.

Are you sure you meant 14 oz?
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Two cups of water weighs one pound. It flows in and out like a soggy simile. Don't worry about it.