Hello and looking for support and sharing my journey

Options
Hello everyone
This is not my first time on MFP and I love this web/app service. I have however decided to do things differently this time as I know I have not been doing well and giving up so I had to change something (isn't the definition of Insanity to keep doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different)
So several issues with my previous tries became clear:
[*] I am a carb addict
[*] I don't eat enough fresh produce
[*] I like a few glasses of drinks (and lose all will power after and eat the house!)
[*] I need to have a few treats during the weekend but need to stay in control of these

So here we go, I have always loved the support of MFP, love having friends to share things and support but I needed something different to start me with and learn what to put in my plate. I don't only want to know the amount I am eating but that the things I am eating are good for me. I know you can do this with MFP but frankly I could not stick to the amount of Carb/Fat/Protein, the calories was all I cared.
So the solution: a few months with an app based on Weightwatchers pro point. As you might know WW is a low carb based diet, it is also encourage eating fresh (no point for most fruit and veg) and does not like ready meal type things (a lot of points in those).
It also has treat points which for me will work perfect: I can have treats but I am in control of how much/many.

Once I know what I am supposed to eat, I will revert back to be MPF entirely and will do the food diary with calories.

However during these first months I will still use MFP for the community, update my loss (or gain), share experience, rant, share little happiness.
If you feel that you would like to share you own experience with my, please add me and lets see where journey takes us.

Thanks for reading... i know it is long!
M

Replies

• mackrn
    mackrn Posts: 1
    Options
    I tend to have the same problem... I get going and am religious about logging everything I eat... But like you I love carbs and enjoy my occasional alcoholic beverage.... Finding the balance is the key right?
    WW is a great program, I just cannot bring myself to pay for something that MFP does for free.... Exercise is also key...
    I hope this time around can be different for both of us!! ;)