Do you have a "magic potion" fueling your success?

Options
To be honest, for me, its Pinto beans. Lol. It sounds funny for some reason.

I used to think I had to bring this lunch box FULL of crap to keep me going through the day. Now, its a serving of pinto beans, a serving of cottage cheese, and a couple pieces of fruit for snacks. Seems to keep me going without having the lows I used to have. A lot of the time, I'm still full at dinner time, which helps to not over indulge at dinner.

Just thought I'd share.

Replies

• gingerpest12
    gingerpest12 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good tip! I always have a packet of wafer thin ham in the fridge and have a couple of slices if I feel snacky.....not sure it's the best thing but definitely better than biscuits :)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    My magic potion is "riding the elephant", referring to Haidt's hypothesis about the divided self. I address my unconscious and make sure it's needs are met, guiding it kindly. I don't beat on myself, or at least I do it a lot less.

"The mind is divided in many ways, but the division that really matters is between conscious/reasoned processes and automatic/implicit processes. These two parts are like a rider on the back of an elephant. The rider’s inability to control the elephant by force explains many puzzles about our mental life, particularly why we have such trouble with weakness of will. Learning how to train the elephant is the secret of self-improvement."

http://jgnatbuzz.blogspot.ca/2014/02/id-whisperer.html

http://www.happinesshypothesis.com/chapters.html
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I keep little tins of four bean mix and tuna in my desk drawer, and a bag of carrots in the fridge at work in case I get the munchies. Coupled with a healthy lunch (usually a salad sandwich, or leftovers from dinner) and a piece of fruit I always bring with me, it means I have no excuse to go to the cafe next door for something less healthy.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Do deadlifts count?!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!