Busy Mom's 10,000 Steps a Day Challenge!

Options
1161718192022»

Replies

• vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »
    Sitting here in ER with my 89 year old dad. When they take him for a test I walk. Will get a walk in in a while when my brother comes back from lunch.

It is going to be a challenge to get in my 10,000 steps today. But I already have 5,000 so maybe I will do it.
    How is your dad doing?

Thanks for asking. He was discharged from hospital today to go back to nursing home. They had given him too much pain meds in the ER on Wednesday night and he was totally zonked out for over 36 hrs. He is finally doing a slight bit better but has lost so much strength again.

They did an MRI and discovered that he had had two mini strokes. We are fortunate to still have him with us. Hope he will be able to regain some strength with some rehab. It certainly is hard watching someone who was once so vibrant and strong start failing.
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    Sitting here in ER with my 89 year old dad. When they take him for a test I walk. Will get a walk in in a while when my brother comes back from lunch.

It is going to be a challenge to get in my 10,000 steps today. But I already have 5,000 so maybe I will do it.
    How is your dad doing?

Thanks for asking. He was discharged from hospital today to go back to nursing home. They had given him too much pain meds in the ER on Wednesday night and he was totally zonked out for over 36 hrs. He is finally doing a slight bit better but has lost so much strength again.

They did an MRI and discovered that he had had two mini strokes. We are fortunate to still have him with us. Hope he will be able to regain some strength with some rehab. It certainly is hard watching someone who was once so vibrant and strong start failing.
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,787 Member
    Options

How is your dad doing?

I'm glad he's out of the hospital, and on the path to recovery. :)
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options

How is your dad doing?

Dad back to hospital today!!! He is having congestive heart failure. Not doing well.
  • jm216
    Options
    So

How is your dad doing?

Dad back to hospital today!!! He is having congestive heart failure. Not doing well.

So sorry Vicky... My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Jill
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    So

How is your dad doing?

So sorry Vicky... My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Jill

Thanks Jill. I really appreciate that.
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    Got my 10,000 steps in today by pacing the hall in front of my dads hospital door waiting for doc to talk to us.

• jm216
    Options
    Trying to get out of my mental funk.
  • jm216
    Options
    Today I'll get 10,000 steps! Who's with me? B)
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    Today I'll get 10,000 steps! Who's with me? B)

I'm in.
  • jm216
    Options
    Off to the dog park today with the family...10,000 steps here I come!!
  • jm216
    Options
    Ready to recommit?
    I'm back on the wagon :#

17,223 yesterday. Feeling good!
  • jm216
    Options
    7414 steps yesterday...not at goal, but will get there today.

Come join me!

Jill