About to hit the Big Birthday May 1st and I'm on a mission to get more healthy and fit!

Options
mckess
mckess Posts: 10 Member
I have started the count down to my big birthday (the big FIVE OH) and it scares the bejesus out of me. Last May I was diagnosed being pre-diabetic, too close for comfort and numbers were all over the place. I have lost 34 pounds a huge fight the entire way. My body loves to tease me with losing weight and then it stalls. But I have not given up the fight. I have another 37 pounds to go. Now mind you I know I won't lose it by May 1st. However I will lose it this year, the healthy way.

I am now one point away from being on Cholesterol Meds. I go in for more bloodwork in late April. I watch everything I eat. I let myself have a meal a week that I don't worry about. But I do eat like 6 times a day. I have 2 lunch boxes in fridge at all times. Is it a struggle...yes but it gets easier every day.

Very active with work and I have a horse so I'm always active. However over last few years, body has gotten used to walking 5 miles a day. Going to shake it up today at gym.

I am just needing to stay focused as I REFUSE to go on meds!!!!!

p.s. today I go to the gym first time in over 2 years...whoo hoo!!!

Kelly

Replies

• KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelly! You can do this! I would love to be friends and cheer you along. Feel free to add me!
  • mckess
    mckess Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    How do I add you as a friend?