Weighing frozen food.

Options
sianquin
sianquin Posts: 86 Member
Hi all silly question but i'm having some oven chips tonight when we weighed them 100g was like 8 chips!!! is it the frozen or the cooked weight? and is there acually likely to be much difference?

Replies

• ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I typically use the frozen weight. Things are typcially lighter after cooking, from lost water content.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I always weigh uncooked, frozen or not.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I usually go with the weight it says on the packaging.

But it sounds 8 chips = 100grams would be right

Calorie wise you could part boil some potato slices and then oven cook them with a little fry lite/1 cal spray.
  • sianquin
    Options
    Thank you i was just hoping i'd get extra chips :p
  • sianquin
    Options
    I usually go with the weight it says on the packaging.

But it sounds 8 chips = 100grams would be right

Calorie wise you could part boil some potato slices and then oven cook them with a little fry lite/1 cal spray.

I tried this when i did slimming world and i wasn't a huge fan, i even tried an actifry.Saying that my inlaws like them .I'm acually having 200g now i have more than enough calories left for a few chips.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    If you have some cals left you can try the same thing with some cracked black pepper sprinkled over and also crack an egg over the top?

Enjoy your cals :wink:
  • sianquin
    Options
    If you have some cals left you can try the same thing with some cracked black pepper sprinkled over and also crack an egg over the top?

Enjoy your cals :wink:

Don't think it would go well with ribs :) sounds yummy tho, i had an extra portion of ribs so i wnet over a tiny bit but it was soooo worth it!