2»

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    sijomial wrote: »
    What kind of workout OP?
    HRMs aren't really calorie counters and their estimates are only reasonable in certain circumstances.

Fitbits and HRMs are completely different animals though and not directly comparable.

I had the FT7 and liked the watch but it is basic. Mine died suddenly after a couple of years.

I'm a bit of an outlier in terms of HR and high VO2 max so a customisable HRM suits me better - currently using the FT60.

I am looking for something basic as I'm just starting out. Some reviews I've read on other less popular brands stated that they only lasted a few months. The FT7 being basic (guessing not too expensive) and lasting a couple years sounds GREAT to me! Thanks! :smile:

You missed the "what kind of workout?" question.
    If it's strength training you are wasting your time. If it's interval cardio your calorie estimates will likely be terribly inflated.

Just regular cardio and light weights. Just starting out so for that I just want a basic device to know the calories burned. Basic device for my basic workouts. Thanks for your help!
    For weights it's a complete lottery if you get a meaningful estimate at all. The calories burned doing weight/strength training really aren't in relation to your HR so your HRM isn't really an appropriate tool. Picking the strength/calisthenics/circuit training options from the MFP database would "probably" be a better option.

For your regular cardio the FT7 should be fine. Nice and simple to use and compatible with the majority of machines in gyms.
  • sdado1013
    sdado1013 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit Charge HR!