More Protein, less carbs

Options
This is more question than it is discussion. How do i incorporate more protein in my die at than carbs. I've research that the grams of protein you eat should be equal the amount of your body weight and the amount of carbs you consume should not exceed 100-150 grams when trying to build muscle and lose fat. This has been something I've struggled with for almost a year after losing 36 lbs. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Replies

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Meats, beans, dairy, protein powder....

Lots of options!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    1 gram of protein per Lb of LBM (not body weight) is more than enough...beyond that, you're just making expensive *kitten*.

I don't know where you heard only 100 - 150 grams of carbs for building muscle...anyone who actually bulks on muscle is eating way more carbs than that...carbs are kind of important for building muscle...they provide you with energy and are muscle sparing.

You lose fat by consuming less energy than your body requires...when you consume less energy than your body requires, you have to dip into your stored energy reserves (body fat) to make up the difference...it has nothing to do with carbs unless you have a metabolic medical condition.