What kind of fats should I be eating?

Options
2»

Replies

• peter56765
    peter56765 Posts: 352 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Do I really need to add the caveat about dosage?? From all of the research I've done, I feel confident saying that saturated fat is not harmful in moderation. I wasn't suggesting anyone attempt to get all of their fat from sources high in saturated fat.

Did you read all of the various sources on the wiki page for the sake of your argument? I'm assuming not. Most go something like this...

Conclusions: A meta-analysis of prospective epidemiologic studies showed that there is no significant evidence for concluding that dietary saturated fat is associated with an increased risk of CHD or CVD. Consideration of age, sex, and study quality did not change the results.

And yeah, adding that my cholesterol levels are fine was stupid. Who cares about my levels? They've improved since switching to a high fat diet..but that's not really anyone else's concern.

You're right. A lot of the studies did not find a link but some did. That was the only point I'm trying to make. Today's findings do not automatically invalidate yesterday's unless you can find a flaw in the previous methodology. Science is slow to reach a consensus which is why all the headlines from last year proclaiming that butter and cheese belong on the same good list as green leafy vegetables were premature. So are statements like "there is no scientific evidence that saturated fat is harmful." We don't really know yet and as with everything, the answer is starting to more and more look like "it's complicated."
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Stress is bad for cholesterol levels.