When is it okay to wear a bikini?

Options
I'm 5'9.5" tall and I weigh 163 164 pounds! Since November I've lost over 30 pounds! I wear a size 10 now :) Even though I'm not tight would it be okay to wear a bikini? In my picture I weigh about 185 btw

Replies

• SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    If you want to wear a bikini and it makes you feel good, go for it!
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Oh, honey, it's always okay! There are so many sizes and shapes... just find a flattering cut and GO for it!

I still remember the thrill I got when a fit and slender friend told me how great I looked in my bikini, when I was at the heaviest I had been in years. It's all about the cut!

Edit: Just looked at your photo... please! Just do it. :)
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Whenever you feel like it! If you want a bikini body, put a bikini on your body. Done.
  • iggylove123
    iggylove123 Posts: 302
    Options
    The tops of my thighs are still jiggly (but I'm a pear, it's where I store my weight) and my stomach isn't tight but it's not bad! It's fairly flat. Should I just try a bunch of different ones on and see what works or is there a certain type that looks best?
  • seefyboy
    seefyboy Posts: 68
    Options
    If you feel comfortable in it, then wear the **** out of it :) Don't go around worrying about what people might think :)
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    When you go to the beach. Never while shopping at WalMart.

Seriously, wear what you feel good wearing and wear it proud!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,699 Member
    Options
    For a pear shape with big thighs and flat stomach I would suggest a style with high cut legs and high waist. The high waist will draw attention to where you are smallest and high cut legs will draw attention to hip width rather than thigh width.

If you want to be more covered up and opt for boy shorts instead, go for a long pair of shorts. Say the length of bicycling shorts that end two inches above the knee, along with the high waist. You want the fabric to stop somewhere you are narrow, because that is the line your eye notices.
  • bethfartman
    bethfartman Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Whenever you want, go for it girlfriend!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    At a really liberal funeral.
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Do what makes you feel good. :glasses:
  • brantlythebest
    Options
    At a really liberal funeral.
  • brantlythebest
    Options
    Thats brilliant.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    When it's over 75 degrees F.
    But that's just personal preference...
  • 18guyhornet
    18guyhornet Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    If you feel comfortable in it, then wear the **** out of it :) Don't go around worrying about what people might think :)

^^^This! Don't worry what others think! I know . . . easier said than done. But I lost a lot of weight and wanted to start wearing a speedo again. My wife said they looked good but old fashioned. I told her it's now when I'm fit or when I'm 80 and saggy at the water park with the Grand kids, you choose . . . guess what I wore to the beach!
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    When you are at the pool(or a pond. either way is good) or when posing for profile pics on MFP. You met the height requirement, so go for it.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I wore my first bikini when I was about a year old. I'll be 43 in a few weeks .... and I've worn a bikini every summer and/or vacation in between.

Wear what you feel comfortable in.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Whenever you feel like, go for it!!
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    My rule is: If i feel awesome wearing it, then i will wear it in public. How does it make you feel?
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Whenever you feel like it! If you want a bikini body, put a bikini on your body. Done.

^^This.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    At the beach or in your bathroom with a phone to take selfies. Duh.