Advice on logging foods

Options
Hey community,
I need help! What is the easiest way to log meals? I am following a meal plan provided to me by my trainer and I don't want to log a single food day in and day out. To be honest, I think that is why I have been neglecting my food journal. BUT, I seriously need to start again because I have been eating more cheat meals than I should be. I need to keep myself accountable. So any help or suggestions would be fantastic!
TIA
Sarah
P.s. Feel free to add me as a friend!

Replies

• CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Once you start logging, you will build up a base of the stuff you eat most often, which makes it easier to find and log them next time. You can also save multiple items together as a meal- for instance, I will log a banana/yogurt/milk/berries in the amounts I've had, then save that as a meal. The rest of the week, I'll tend to eat the same thing for breakfast, so I can copy the meal over from the previous day in the click of a button. You can also save recipes and use them repeatedly as well.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure that I understand what you mean about not wanting to log a single food day in and day out.

If you are eating the same meals over and over, the easiest thing to do is to add them in one day and then use Quick Tools (on the computer) or More (on the app) to save the meal. Then when you eat it again, you just add the meal. If your portions change you can go into each item to make those changes once it has been added to your day.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You can save anything added to your diary as meals, and then add meals to your diary whenever you like; meals are (un)sorted under the tag of that name in your favorites.