Small Victories Are Still Victories!

Options
cbills65
cbills65 Posts: 164 Member
I have had a wonderful journey so far and I want to share my story with the awesome folks on MFP.

I am a 5'5" 49 year old female with a desk job. Last summer I weighed 137 lbs and I had approximately 34.5% body fat. I got to the point where none of my dress slacks would even fasten anymore and I was completely demoralized by how I had let myself go. So I decided it was time to change the way I eat and start a fitness routine. After some research I found the most appealling way to eat out there for me was the Paleo diet and began doing cardio 4-5 days a week. I lost 10 lbs from beginning of September to end of October. In December I began a heavy lifting program on DVD by Beachbody called Body Beast. This is a 90 day program. I started on Dec 12th and before I did the program I weighed and measured and calculated my body fat. I was 125 lbs with 32.8% body fat. When I finished on March 12th, I weighed 122 lbs and was at 26.9% body fat. Over a 7 month period I lost 15 lbs and 7.5% body fat. I'm far from finished. I still have 7% body fat to lose but I'm feeling pretty good about it, considering what I've accomplished so far. I'm including photos that show before and after from last summer to present and also the Dec to Mar Body Beast Program before and after pics. My goal here is to prove that it's never to late to clean up your act and start making positive changes. I'll be turning 50 in October and I plan to be the best version of me there has ever been. And trust me, if I can do it anyone can. :smiley:

PhotoGrid_2.jpg?1426709433998&1426709435045

PhotoGrid_1426176397441.jpg

Replies

• AmosAteIt
    AmosAteIt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm happy to have stumbled onto your story--your success encourages me to continue on with the paleo diet. It has only been one week and I sorely miss the quick energy of sugary anything, especially before working out. How did you cope that first month? When did preparing this food feel like second nature? You look great; keep up the good work!
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look great!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    Wow, wow, wow...great work. You look wonderful...keep at it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!