Kickboxing body before and after pics?

Options
Hi there, I've recently started kickboxing and eating a 1200-1500 cal intake. And i was wandering if there was anyone on the site who has had success in weight loss/muscle tone doing kickboxing and if you could pls post your before and after pictures? thx!! :)

Replies

• StephannieL
    StephannieL Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Have you tried a search of the forums? That might be helpful.
    I know this is totally off topic but is that a Shiba in your profile picture???
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You can take the boxing route a few ways, I have done 2

For starters i train Muay Thai

Depending on the body you want there are a few things you need to do.

Back when i first started training i lost about 30kg, but i was training muay thai most night and doing lost of running too. Diet was not the best at all, didnet even know what a caloire was or protein ect ect This was back when i though a protein shake after training would make to too big

All i eneded up was a skinny version of before - No muscle/toned look at all

Fast forward 4 years and its round 2

This time ive been lifting weights for a while and back into he Muay Thai - This time around i still trained hard. a few hours 6 times a week but i had put on about 25kg. quite alot of fat too.

Again fast forward 1 year and ive dropped about 25kg but ive kept all my lean mas+ more.

So whats my point?

You really need to eat right, and lift the heaviest weights you can. Squat, Deadlift, Bench, MP, and BB curls. That is all i do.

Otherwise you will find you will just look skinny and its pointless unless that the look you want

If you get into the fighting side like i have, then its even harder as you need to make weight classes ect ect

End of the day kickboxing aint gonna get you ripped and sub 10% BF alone, You need to LIFT and EAT all macros

• AngelaAwesome97
    AngelaAwesome97 Posts: 216 Member
    Options

I'll try the search. Haha yeah its a Shiba :smile:
  • AngelaAwesome97
    AngelaAwesome97 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Sydking wrote: »
    You can take the boxing route a few ways, I have done 2

For starters i train Muay Thai

Depending on the body you want there are a few things you need to do.

Back when i first started training i lost about 30kg, but i was training muay thai most night and doing lost of running too. Diet was not the best at all, didnet even know what a caloire was or protein ect ect This was back when i though a protein shake after training would make to too big

Fast forward 4 years and its round 2

This time ive been lifting weights for a while and back into he Muay Thai - This time around i still trained hard. a few hours 6 times a week but i had put on about 25kg. quite alot of fat too.

Again fast forward 1 year and ive dropped about 25kg but ive kept all my lean mas+ more.

So whats my point?

You really need to eat right, and lift the heaviest weights you can. Squat, Deadlift, Bench, MP, and BB curls. That is all i do.

Otherwise you will find you will just look skinny and its pointless unless that the look you want

If you get into the fighting side like i have, then its even harder as you need to make weight classes ect ect

End of the day kickboxing aint gonna get you ripped and sub 10% BF alone, You need to LIFT and EAT all macros

Thx for the info!! :smile: this is really helpful!
  • StephannieL
    StephannieL Posts: 198 Member
    Options

I'll try the search. Haha yeah its a Shiba :smile:

He/she is so cute! I had two. I had to put my female down in July and my male had to be put down in Nov. Both from old age. I miss them everyday!

Anyway, feel free to friend me if you want. Would love to hear what you think about kickboxing if you decide to do it. :)

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!