5 weeks post c-section delivery! Where do I begin??? Need as much help as possible!

Options
Hi everyone,

5 weeks and 1 day has passed since I've given birth via c section. I'm looking to lose all 49lbs. (and then some) that I've put on during this pregnancy. My dilemma is that I'm aware that my body must heal, my where do I begin? How slow do I start and when can I increase the intensity?

I'm also breastfeeding so I can't be sure where to go from here. I lost quite a bit of weight before getting pregnant so working hard is nothing new to me. All friends are welcomed as I could use as much encouragement as I could!

Thanks!

Replies

• curlyqt85
    curlyqt85 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am 9 weeks pp and have lost most of my weight. Just need to lose 16 more lbs. I am also breastfeeding and trying to figure out where to start. I don't want to do too much and jeopardize my supply but I need to do something soon. Someone just asked how many weeks I was lol! I'll send you a friend invite
  • TMcChamp
    TMcChamp Posts: 165 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    hello, if you are breastfeeding don't start dieting and dropping calories before your milk supply is well and truly established. do not drop calories below 1800 -and do that slowly- with my first child i couldn't exercise and calories under 2000 without my supply dropping. Also post c section you need to wait the full 6 weeks for your body to recover- start with gentle walking and eating healthy food choices. listen to your body and things like planks, sit ups, running is more like 12 weeks (as per my physic and gp)
    (9 month old, 2 c/sections, breastfeeding and losing weight)