Shakeology

Anyone else in here using shakeology? I have been using it everyday for the past 6 months as a meal replacement for breakfast... along with exercise... and I can honestly say I'm in the best shape of my life even after two kids. I have also cut out all fast-food and soda! Whooo!

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Do you a search on here :smile: There's a bazillion shakeology posts
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    So you started exercising, dropped some junk food, and are eating fewer calories than your body needs...
    but you're attributing your success to an expensive product?

Here's the search page (also linked at the top of any thread):
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/search

Save your money: eat real food, in reasonable quantities.

http://www.eatright.org/resource/health/weight-loss/fad-diets/staying-away-from-fad-diets

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-scam-scam/

http://www.lazymanandmoney.com/beachbody-scam/
    Are there any shake mixes that are $4 for 140 calories? The closest thing you can find is Carnation Breakfast Essentials, No Sugar Added, which has similar calories, protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals for $0.62 a serving... I know Shakeology Coaches are going to try to rip me apart for the comparison saying that Carnation is full of bad ingredients. However, as long as shakes aren’t a good health choice (according to the review referenced above) to begin with, quibbling over the differences here doesn’t make sense. What’s vastly more important is that the nutrition label is very, very similar, but at around 1/6th or 1/8th the price of Shakeology.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Dawny8423 wrote: »
    Anyone else in here using shakeology? I have been using it everyday for the past 6 months as a meal replacement for breakfast... along with exercise... and I can honestly say I'm in the best shape of my life even after two kids. I have also cut out all fast-food and soda! Whooo!

shakeology has nothing to do with the bolded part .

i have never used the stuff and have lost forty pounds, kept it off, bulked , cut, and am also in the best shape of my life…

just my .02...
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »

i have never used the stuff and have lost forty pounds, kept it off, bulked , cut, and am also in the best shape of my life…

just my .02...

But can you call yourself "coach" ??
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    lemme guess - Beachbody coach?
  • ndj1979
    ceoverturf wrote: »

just my .02...

I am ..

send me your banking information and you can have my secret weight loss formula and program...
  • Christine_72
    psych101 wrote: »
    lemme guess - Beachbody coach?

Jeez I hope not! That's another thing I hate about these mlm schemes..... Their shameless promotion!
  • juggernaut1974

just my .02...

I am ..

send me your banking information and you can have my secret weight loss formula and program...

Will PM you.

Because I'm a trusting sort, I'll also send along my Social Security number and ATM PIN just in case you need it.
  • ndj1979
    edited March 2015

just my .02...

I am ..

Will PM you.

Because I'm a trusting sort, I'll also send along my Social Security number and ATM PIN just in case you need it.

you are a good man …

give me three business days and you will have the weight loss formula and program
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member

just my .02...

I think you have to be OUT of shape to be a shakeology "coach" . Oh, and really pushy :)
  • Dawny8423
    Dawny8423 Posts: 19 Member
    So I'm being bashed because shakeology worked for me? My worst meal of the day was breakfast. I wouldn't think twice about going to McDonald's for an egg mcmuffin or dunkin donuts. As a busy mom, I needed something quick, easy and healthy. After doing research and sampling different shakes, I chose shakeology. It works for me. It may not work for you, and that's great. A change in diet and busting my butt in the gym / at home: I feel great. Shakeology was a contributing factor. Now I was hoping I'd have some people reply that drink it so we could share recipes. Thank you.
  • ndj1979
    So I'm being bashed because shakeology worked for me? My worst meal of the day was breakfast. I wouldn't think twice about going to McDonald's for an egg mcmuffin or dunkin donuts. As a busy mom, I needed something quick, easy and healthy. After doing research and sampling different shakes, I chose shakeology. It works for me. It may not work for you, and that's great. A change in diet and busting my butt in the gym / at home: I feel great. Shakeology was a contributing factor. Now I was hoping I'd have some people reply that drink it so we could share recipes. Thank you.

a diet with mcdonalds for breakfast that hits macros/micros/calorie goal for the day is no less health than one that has shakeology for breakfast and also hits macro/micro/calorie goals ….

no one is bashing you …

the point is you don't need shakeology for any weight loss, fitness, health, etc goal ...
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member

I read your OP as a commercial, no where in your OP did you ask for recipes.
  • cjrusso3
    cjrusso3 Posts: 6 Member
    I drink it and enjoy the strawberry shakeology with bananas. I'll mix it with 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk, 1 serving of the strawberry shakeology, 1/2 or whole banana and some ice. I've mixed 1 serving of the chocolate shakeology with 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk, and a cup of cold black coffee. I also like chocolate shakeology with almond milk, and 2 tablespoons of all natural crunchy peanut butter. The vanilla shakeology is rough. Google search "shakeology recipes". There are tons of recipes.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,131 Member
    edited March 2015
    OP, shakeology gets a bad rap because SO many "coaches" join MFP and to try to shoot fish in a barrel and drum up business. They start threads about "FREE 5 day challenge!" and "OMG, it worked for me, message if you want details!". It might work, but it's marketing is really underhanded and dodgy, so it ends up getting the respect it deserved. people aren't bashing you, they're bashing the product (and it's marketing).
  • Christine_72
    Serah87 wrote: »

Yeah same here.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    As far as needing something quick for breakfast, I keep boiled eggs in the fridge, pre-cook bacon and package it in snack bags. This morning, I peeled an egg, emptied my two slices of bacon out on the plate, microwaved it for 30 seconds while I made a piece of toast and sliced some strawberries. Bam. And I didn't have to clean a blender. About 300 calories. And yummy.
  • ndj1979
    As far as needing something quick for breakfast, I keep boiled eggs in the fridge, pre-cook bacon and package it in snack bags. This morning, I peeled an egg, emptied my two slices of bacon out on the plate, microwaved it for 30 seconds while I made a piece of toast and sliced some strawberries. Bam. And I didn't have to clean a blender. About 300 calories. And yummy.

but you can't be in the best shape of your life unless you drink shakeology
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Serah87 wrote: »

Yeah same here.

Same here.
  • juggernaut1974
    You know how you never hear the word "ensuing" except in the context of a (American) football game (ie the "ensuing kickoff")?

I don't think I've ever heard anyone ever use the phrase "best shape of my life" unless they were trying to sell me something

• Christine_72
    You know how you never hear the word "ensuing" except in the context of a (American) football game (ie the "ensuing kickoff")?

I don't think I've ever heard anyone ever use the phrase "best shape of my life" unless they were trying to sell me something

Somehow I don't think any shake can turn you into the "best shape of your life" :noway:

• Sarahsteed92
    Sarahsteed92 Posts: 26 Member
    Shakeolgy girl for life
  • Dawny8423
    Dawny8423 Posts: 19 Member

Thanks for the suggestion! I have started to ween myself from shakes every day... it gets a little old. So I appreciate your suggestion! I did bake some eggs in a muffin sheet the other day... with some ground turkey, peas and a pinch of cheese... and have to say, I am a big fan!
  • jukyu
    jukyu Posts: 80 Member
    MLM woo. Beachbody coaches be gone.
  • linaq82
    linaq82 Posts: 1
    I started Shakeology just a week ago. I am not a coach nor am I trying to be. I was also turned off by the constant barrage of "I've just lost 40 lbs in a month! Pm me for my super secret method I refuse to divulge to everyone b/c I'm super shady!!" or "BEACHBODY P90X HELPED ME LOSE 90 LBS IN A WEEK! JOIN TODAY!!" followed by ads for Shakeology. So I was super skeptical, but it WORKED for me, and I really am amazed by the results. I've tried several lifestyle changes such as eating whole foods, healthier foods, nonprocessed stuff, removing sugar from my diet, drinking 203022 oz of water per day, but it STILL left me hungry by late night and I'd end up snacking on nuts or anything crunchy b/c I had a craving for it. Shakeology is the first thing I've tried that has kept me full and reduced my cravings to almost nothing. So I say YOU GO GIRL!! KEEP UP THE SHAKEOLOGY!!! AND CONGRATS ON FINDING SOMETHING THAT WORKS :D:D:D:D. HATERS GONNA HATE loool! as for recipes- I use vanilla powder with almond milk, water, ice and a banana- this is by far my favorite. I've read that pumpkin is great with vanilla and it ends up tasting something like pumpkin pie but I've yet to try it. I can't stand strawberry though- does anyone have tips to make it more palatable? I have 2 packets that I don't want to go to waste :(.
  • Christine_72
    Why not just buy cheaper shakes that don't belong to a mlm scam? From what I've seen, these types of meal replacement shakes are all much of a muchness. ..
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    What channel is this? It's like I'm watching a 2am infomercial. :open_mouth:
  • ndj1979
    Why not just buy cheaper shakes that don't belong to a mlm scam? From what I've seen, these types of meal replacement shakes are all much of a muchness. ..

because the cheap shakes don't have magical ingredients that burn fat, and help you get in the best shape of your life….
  • Christine_72
    edited March 2015

because the cheap shakes don't have magical ingredients that burn fat, and help you get in the best shape of your life….

Aaahhh of course. The magic of clever advertising/marketing :huh: