yolo

Options
Just curious. .does anyone else on here have a YOLO day? Meaning a day where you don't count ANY macros! I try to do one at least once a month. Its awesome! !

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    So would that be YOLOAM? (you only live once a month)

To answer the question - no I don't specifically have a cheat, splurge, yolo (whatever you want to call it) day; but that said, if it's a special occasion (birthday, dinner party, etc) I don't freak out about it. I enjoy it, and (to the best of my ability) be mindful of things like portion sizes.
  • jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I have two days like that scheduled for middle of April. We'll be at Walt Disney World and I'll be eating dessert; cake, baklava, tirimisu, fried donuts with icecream and all that fun stuff. It's our tenth anniversary, so, I'm not going to stress about it too much. I doubt I'll eat much of anything, because I won't want to get sick going from quite restricted to sugar-everything. BUT, I sure am going to eat a bit of everything!
    We also have a mini vacation scheduled for approximately when I'll have lost 50 lbs. It's not nonrefundable, so I can reschedule if I haven't gotten close enough to that goal. But, I'm hoping it will be a great motivator.
  • mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

To answer the question - no I don't specifically have a cheat, splurge, yolo (whatever you want to call it) day; but that said, if it's a special occasion (birthday, dinner party, etc) I don't freak out about it. I enjoy it, and (to the best of my ability) be mindful of things like portion sizes.

Hahahaha! Yoloam....that made my day!
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    LOL at YOLOAM!
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    We also have a mini vacation scheduled for approximately when I'll have lost 50 lbs. It's not nonrefundable, so I can reschedule if I haven't gotten close enough to that goal. But, I'm hoping it will be a great motivator.

Wow, I am confused... Are you saying you would postpone a holiday because you didn't hit a number by a date? Why sacrifice your vacation to that? Perhaps I am reading your post wrong...
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options

youll postpone a vacation because you havent met a goal by a certain date? really?

anyways.... no i dont have cheat days (that's what theyre called)... I eat what i want as long as it fits in my daily goals.and if i go over, the world will not stop spinning. we wont talk about today. today was a bad pms day. i dont regret it though. it was delicious LOLOLOLOL

• allstarelmo23
    allstarelmo23 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I reward my hard work with one day where i don't count macros AT ALL ; )
    ceoverturf wrote: »

• blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be a YOLO so get off your butt and do it now, so that you can enjoy the rest of your life healthy and looking hot :D
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Just curious. .does anyone else on here have a YOLO day? Meaning a day where you don't count ANY macros! I try to do one at least once a month. Its awesome! !

Not intentionally, but if treats are/food is brought in at work, I may say to hell with it all and have mostly desserts if they're fresh-baked. I'll still guestimate at calories, assume higher whenever possible, and do a little extra exercise/go light on dinner. But I throw my macro goals out the window.

~Lyssa
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    YOLOAM!!!! Love it. I'm already planning for my YOLO splurge, but it's not really YOLO... it's just one food where I really don't care about eating over my calories. I can only get it when we go on vacation, and I'll be doing a lot more walking that week. It won't kill me. I might have it twice that week.
  • jenniferinfl
    Options

Wow, I am confused... Are you saying you would postpone a holiday because you didn't hit a number by a date? Why sacrifice your vacation to that? Perhaps I am reading your post wrong...

LOL, sorry about that. We do several mini vacations throughout the year which consist of a long weekend. We try to time it when one of us has a long weekend anyways to maximize use of vacation hours. This was only going to be an extra one to celebrate staying on track. We live about an hour from Walt Disney World, so regularly our mini vacations include a weekend in a hotel in that area.

• SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    2 full days all-you-can-eat-a-palooza before any race between a 15k (9.3 miles) and a Full Marathon (26.2). Only 1 day for shorter (10k (6.2 miles), 5-miler, or 5k (3.1 miles)) I don't particularly care about calories nor macros for those eat-a-thon days, right? I race every 3 weeks or so in the Spring. Every 4 to 6 in the Summer (too hot) ... I guess it averages once a month.

It's not about cheating, but all about not being Bonked at the start of a race - being properly fueled and carbed to perform.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Nope. I like food, I enjoy food...I don't LIVE for it.

I find other YOLO things to try.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Nope. I like food, I enjoy food...I don't LIVE for it.

I find other YOLO things to try.

I honestly don't think I could spend a whole day pigging out. Just thinking about how that would make me feel makes my stomach clench.

• Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options

LOL, sorry about that. We do several mini vacations throughout the year which consist of a long weekend. We try to time it when one of us has a long weekend anyways to maximize use of vacation hours. This was only going to be an extra one to celebrate staying on track. We live about an hour from Walt Disney World, so regularly our mini vacations include a weekend in a hotel in that area.

Now I get it - the milestone is the occasion for that vacation... You had me worried there for a bit :)
  • kazaargrandcru
    kazaargrandcru Posts: 152 Member
    Options
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    qz4p4jnza39h.jpeg

LMAO
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    No. I have days when I overeat but I always log it. Having said that I just booked a cruise for October and that will be a HUGE yolo :D
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    dd97d2cb499e2099ca1018106c619096374d5b2a87a23f815157fe6512a7393a.jpg
  • jenniferinfl
    Options

Now I get it - the milestone is the occasion for that vacation... You had me worried there for a bit :)

Yeah, I grew out of that crazy stuff. You know, the "I'll only buy a new dress I love if I lose 20 lbs because current me doesn't deserve nice things."

Even if I don't lose the weight, we'll probably still go out of town on the original weekend we have booked, we just won't do the extras. Partly because we're already doing our extra nice mini vacation in the middle of April. So, something really special would have to happen to justify another one of those.. :wink:

My biggest reason for losing the weight is so that we can try to have kid number two. (Had a lot of trouble with my pregnancy with kid number 1) So, hitting this goal is more than a weight loss thing. The other reason for the occasion would be knowing I would soon be in the no added sugar/no alcohol/ no caffeine zone for 9-10 months.. lol