How much should I work out?

Options
Hello, so let me introduce myself! My name is Noah. I am 18 years old and looking to lose weight and get in shape. I weigh about 200lbs and am 5' 10". I've been eating healthier and working out on a daily basis to lose weight (to be honest the "eating healthier" part could still use some work). I've been doing a 30 minute workout on the treadmill about 5 or 6 days a week for the past 2 weeks. I typically burn around 360-420 calories per workout and was wondering if I should kick it up a notch or keep going at this pace. Any help will be greatly appreciated considering I'm really going into this blind.

Replies

• Marz009
    Marz009 Posts: 26
    Options
    try kicking it up a notch. challenge your body every now and then to see how it responds, at times you feel lethargic but once you start working out you'll be amazed at what you can do. but learn your limits and when you have real soreness vs mild soreness (you can do a light work out with mild soreness). keep eating right but most importantly try switching up you work out or activity so that it is not a chore but something you enjoy. play a sport or try a kickboxing class have some fun with your workout.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    If you want to get in shape you should add in weight training.
    What is your idea of 'in shape'?
    You don't need exercise to lose weight, so do the amount and type of exercise that will get you to 'in shape' in your mind.
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Incorporate a weight training regime with your cardio workouts and a reasonable caloric deficit and you'll lose weight and feel great in no time.

For a beginner, I seriously recommend this: http://www.buffdudes.us/2014/04/buff-dudes-12-week-plan.html