Waking up a success going to bed a failure, no more.

Options
Hi there, this is one of many of times I have tried to get my weight under control. I am defiantly more hopeful this time. I am not concerning myself with weight loss or what I can't have. As if some light bulb went off in my head it was like I finally began to see clear. Why am I torturing myself with diets and diet pills and fads?, when what I need is to strive to be a healthier person.
Well one thing to understand about me is I LOVE pinterest. Like an unhealthy obsession, haha. After deciding I needed to eat healthier and be smarter about what I put in my body I decided to give my old pal pinterest a visit. Well while searching for "Being Healthy" I found a Green Morning Smoothie that seemed interesting to me. I tried it, delicious. It was all fruits and vegetables and was so good considering the amount of vegetables in it. I couldn't believe it. It's only been a week but so far so good on the smoothie front. The smoothie was great for the mornings since they are busy with 3 toddlers (all mine) and since I am not a "breakfast person". Now not only am I eating the most important meal of the day but I am loading my body with all the nutrition and energy it needs. I have also been smarter about my lunch and dinner options and have been strict with healthier options and portion sizes. (I know some people can do smoothies breakfast and lunch but I NEED the actual food by lunchtime).
I really feel this time I have stopped thinking about all the foods I can't have and have started to focus on all the foods I have been missing thanks to "easier, more convenient" choices thrown in my face at grocery stores. Great example; I have recently discovered the wonderful world of cauliflower with all the amazing recipes you can make with it. I mean who knew, it's cauliflower! Long story short I am tired of being in the dark. I am tired of hating who I see in mirror and feeling the way I do. I am tired of trying to cover up and hide. I am only 26 years old, I have a whole life ahead of me yet. I want to be able to be comfortable in my skin and teach confidence to my children, as well as, a healthier lifestyle for my whole family.

Well thanks for reading, It actually felt really good to just tell someone about it.

Replies

• Generic_Excuse
    Generic_Excuse Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Also if you feel you can relate, friend me. I would love to be on this Journey with someone who really understands the temptations, the emotional toll, and the lonely feeling of doing it all by yourself. So ya friend me!! I would love to hear your stories and journeys successful or not. The fact that someone wants to better themselves in any way is what inspires me and the stories I have read so far in different blogs and pages I know I can relate to. :D
  • cpattinson4
    cpattinson4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What a great read, the light bulb moment is great. I am a riding to work at the moment only 10 miles each way but it's an hour of cardio that I don't need to do another time (that's coming from a PT as well lol) keep up the good work
  • Generic_Excuse
    Generic_Excuse Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! :) Wow 10 miles that's impressive to me. I am a stay at home mom so besides running after the kids all day I don't get out much or too much time to exercise but I have decided to make some time. I need too. And to be fair I feel some feel that I should be able to actually do more since I am at home all day but boy if they only knew. I was always naturally skinny growing up, eat anything I wanted. But college and kids have put that to an end. I gained a hundred pounds (that's right 100) after just having all 3 of my kids and it is time to get rid of this fat add some muscle and just be all over healthy!