Extremely simple, but yet low calorie crockpot meal ideas/recipes needed.

Options
purebredpolly
purebredpolly Posts: 318 Member
I'm disabled, and I am attempting to get my weight down, and to maintain it. I need go to, tried and true recipes that have very few ingredients. Preferably crockpot, or oven recipes.

There are days that just turning on an oven and popping a frozen entree is about the only thing I can pull off. So when I say simple, I mean really simple.

Thank you for your help.

Replies

• cailah332
    cailah332 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite things to make in the crockpot is Salsa Verde Chicken. It's low calorie and super simple.

Here's a great recipe: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/04/easiest-crock-pot-salsa-verde-chicken.html?m=1

Skinnytaste has tons of othe great simple recipes.
  • purebredpolly
    Options
    Thank you!!!
  • MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Crockpot Sour cream salsa chicken - 5 ingredients
    1 lb chicken breast pieces - place in crock pot
    1 pkg reduced sodium taco seasoning -- sprinkle on chicken
    Add 1 cup salsa
    Cook 6-8 hrs on low
    Remove chicken from crock pot
    Put 2 tbsp corn starch in 1/4 cup water, stir into salsa
    Stir in 1/4 cup light / fat free sour cream
    Serve over chicken
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    We are making ham and bean soup in the crockpot for tonight. It is a bag of dried northern beans we used Navy Beans because my husband said they are smaller and easier for him to deal with. He hates all beans. But a bag of dry Northern Beans, A ham hock or 2 about a lb, onion powder and we added some garlic but, didnt call for that. You cook on low for 8 hrs and at the end take the ham hocks and pull the meat off the bone and put the meat back in and you are done.
  • purebredpolly
    Options
    Thank you Mary, sounds good. :)
  • purebredpolly
    Options
    Thank you Amber Sue, sounds wonderful!
  • Karstenf
    Karstenf Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I do something similar with the navy beans. Except, to lower calories, go with Jennie-O turkey ham (way less fat). I also like to add chopped celery (for the whole cook time) and matchstick carrots (I put these in for the last 30 minutes, or they end up way over cooked and turn the whole dish orange)
  • purebredpolly
    Options
    Thank you Karstenf.
  • missmegonline
    missmegonline Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I can also confirm that the salsa verde chicken from SkinnyTaste is AMAZING. I just made some two days ago, actually. Shred it all up and keep it in the fridge. You can make salads, wraps, eat a handful of it plain.... ;) It's delicious and easy.

I also like crockpot chicken soup. I use chicken legs for this because they are cheap and easy. Just use chicken stock or bouillon cubes, salt and pepper. Cook the chicken on low for about 4 hours. Add the veggies at lunch time. I use cabbage, carrots, potatoes, bell pepper. Whatever else I feel like adding. You could buy pre-cut veggies or frozen veggies to make it easier and quickier. Lasts all week!

Good luck!