Is Runtastic off?

Options
So I've been using Endomondo for a long while to track my walks, but I decided to give Runtastic a try. However, Runtastic is consistently giving me much higher calories burned than endomondo did, somewhere in the range of 30-40 calories.

Is it off? or is Endomondo low? Anyone have any insight into this?

Replies

• donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I use runtastic pedometer pro and I find it fits my needs.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,719 Member
    Options
    Hmm. At my weight Runtastic gives me lower burns than Endomondo, so that's what I choose to log walking.
  • fallingken
    fallingken Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I use both on my "runs", Runtastic is more accurate for the GPS than Endo, I find anyway, and Runtastic usually shows less calories too, but Endo has a nicer feel to the website info. I usually reduce the calories either give me because they seem awful high to me, I adjust the calories here on MFP after the runs
  • EszterNZ
    EszterNZ Posts: 51
    Options
    I was just playing with this too and when you log onto the runtastic website - no matter what amount of Kms/miles you put in, the calories are calculated on the time I put in.
    For 40mins walking its giving me 248 calories, regardless of whether I have done 5, 7, or 10km. Which seems raelly wrong to me.
    GPS is going for a reason!
    At least Endomondo bases it on your actual pace.
  • phoenixgirl81
    phoenixgirl81 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Runtastic gives me a MUCH higher calorie estimate than my HRM (sometimes as high as double). I always go by my HRM as Runtastic has no way of knowing how fit I am, how hard I worked out, etc. E.g., just now I got off the exercise bike and Runtastic had me burning 400+ calories when my HRM said 268 calories.

Let's be honest; any non-HRM-connected app us going to be an estimate.