Strength training

Options
I currently do 30 minutes a day on a cross trainer(epiliator)and hopefully going to build it up in time! Somebody told me I need to do some strength training as well? What help would strength training do also what could I do?
Many thanks

Replies

• mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Improve your physique, make you stronger, help lose weight quicker and of course the most important factor: Doesn't make you look "skinny fat" after weight loss.

• SuperSnoopy
    SuperSnoopy Posts: 3,464 Member
    Options
    yep all the above honey. ^^^^
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    yep all the above honey. ^^^^

I concur. Grab those weights and start lifting! :smiley:
  • mperrott2205
    Options
    Also: If you're an absolute beginner, Stronglifts 5x5 is a great guide to get started with strength training, but there are many many work out plans for you out there.

• Beckyferg90
    Beckyferg90 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym so what can I do at home for strength training? I have a kettle bell and some small dumbells
  • mperrott2205
    Options
    You won't build much strength with small dumbbells, I would invest in some heavier ones. if you're an absolute beginner, 5kg-15kg would be fine for a while.

Or you could try a workout dvd such as p90x.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I do everything at home. Try the workout trainer app. I've really enjoyed it. It's simple, shows you exactly what to do and you have the freedom to pick time length, what kind of workout and the hardness of the workout.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    There a many body weight resources out there that can get you very strong.
    Convict conditioning
    Start bodyweight. Com
    Nerdfitness
    Al kavadlo
    You are your own gym