WHAT'S THE BEST TIME TO WEIGH YOUR SELF?

Options
I would like to believe I lost 10 pounds for in the morning I weigh less.But by the evening I weigh about 2 pounds more.So what is the true weight? Yesterday I weighed 204 in the morning and 206 in the afternoon and was disappointed.

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    In the morning, after toilet, before eating. At the end of the day all the food you ate will factor into a reading on the scale then. It just common sense :smile:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning, no clothes, after you pee will be your lightest weight.
    Then, throughout the day as you eat and drink and be in the world, the number will go up (for me it's 2-4Lbs).

It doesn't really matter when you weigh yourself, but don't mix times. Choose a time and stick with that time.
    Most folks choose first thing in the morning.
  • exwilson
    exwilson Posts: 154 Member
    Options

It doesn't really matter when you weigh yourself, but don't mix times. Choose a time and stick with that time.
    Most folks choose first thing in the morning.

Right on the money here. The best time to weigh your self is the same time, each time. Don't get stuck on an individual number. Focus on the number relative to your previous numbers. Look for the trend line, not anomalies.

I advocate weighing oneself once a week. I weigh myself on Friday mornings immediately after waking up and taking care of business. It's the same time every week and I can compare today's number to previous weeks with confidence in the accuracy.

It's difficult to avoid the temptation to weigh oneself every day, but I don't recommend it. I used to do that and it put me in a state of disappointment if a number went up from one day to the next which could have simply been a product of the amount of sodium I ate one day.

Good luck.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning after using the bathroom.
  • 30mphmike
    30mphmike Posts: 28
    Options
    The same time everyday or week or month.
  • enoughisenough9
    enoughisenough9 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    In the morning, after toilet, before eating. At the end of the day all the food you ate will factor into a reading on the scale then. It just common sense :smile:

Yep - seconded. After going to the loo and naked is how I weigh myself!
  • lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    The other day I lost 1.5 pounds just by taking a piss.