A month in and........

Options
About a month ago I decided to step on the dusty digital scale that had been staring at me for many years. I was shocked and disappointed to see a reading of 246 pounds. I'm only 5'7" and I've been noticing that my clothes didn't fit or were ripping. Doing things like putting on socks and shoes in the morning, bending over to pick things up and walking up and down the stairs were very laboring. The following Monday morning I put a new battery in the scale, stepped on it and clocked an accurate 244 pounds. So I decided right then and there to make a drastic lifestyle change by not drinking anymore soda, eating smaller healthier meals, logging my meals into MFP and not eating past 7pm. As of this morning I weighed in at 231.7! That's a loss of 12.3 pounds in a little less than a month. But is this normal?? I was expecting to lose 6-8 pounds. But I'll take it.

Replies

• yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    If you have more to loose it will come off a bit quick at first. Congrats on the loss! Keep it up!
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's awesome!!!! That comes out to about 3 pounds per week, which is a lot but still healthy. I think that it's typical (especially for men) to lose a lot the first month if you have a lot to lose in total, as your body sheds excess water weight and adjusts to your new lifestyle. Don't be discouraged if next month is more in the 6-8 pound range. Congratulations on your lifestyle change and keep up the good work!
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    just keep doing what you are doing, the rate will slow up over time, but sure who cares. Well done
  • wathjo1
    wathjo1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Off to a great start!
  • staci_0022
    staci_0022 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started about 3 1/2 weeks ago...I have lost 6 lbs. Buuut, I also had a couple cheat meals. Great job!
  • Arduinna4
    Arduinna4 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Well done!Keep it up!
  • JLDRKSJ
    JLDRKSJ Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    That's great...you're doing well