Going back to low carb....

Options
I was 112lbs and wanted to stay there. I started eating "clean". Picked up the clean eating magazine and was literally making every recipe in the magazine in order, for dinners.
Well, I'm up to 120. Not happy so I will be going back to doing the Atkins low carb for awhile. So disappointing to see the scale just keep going up all the while eating healthy.
So today I am tired and cranky.

Replies

• Renee428
    Renee428 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I went back to low carb/carb cycling this week. So far I feel great, I did it before and lost about 30 but fell off the wagon and gained that plus. I attempted eating clean but it just wasn't working for me. So far the best thing that works is low carb
  • spiffybarbarella1
    Options
    It's a very good way to lose fat, plus you lose it quickly and that helps with motivation.
    The clean and lean diet by James Duigan is an excellent approach:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/14640-clean-and-lean
  • Vinyarddog
    Vinyarddog Posts: 67
    Options
    I agree; the thing that really kick started my progress was low carb.
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I eat low carb but I still count calories. My diet is low carb but not even close to no carb. I find eating the fat and protein that I do helps me feel full. I also think its allowing me to lose weight well. It works for me.
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I eat low carb and have for years. I just skip the "starch" at all meals. No bread, pasta, rice, potatoes etc. I do get carbs in some veggies and other foods but... I find getting rid of all the other things helps me maintain.