Fitbit/MFP

Options
hadams6989
hadams6989 Posts: 4
edited March 2015 in Getting Started
Mine has never synced. On MFP it says they're linked, yet when I go into steps, it shows no device. Then I try to add my Fitbit and get the same "you are already linked to Fitbit" message. Very annoying to have to toggle between the two apps and log everything twice. I dont understand why they two aren't communicating?! I've gone through and revoked access and all and nothing will work.

Replies

• stephanie_leverenz
    Options
    I'm having the same issue. In a browser it shows i'm linked and will show my steps but when i got into the app it says to connect a device, when i go to connect it pulls up a browser that says i'm connected.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,055 Member
    Options
    Same so I put that I am sedentary and just enter my workout into MFP ...it works for me :)
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same issue. In a browser it shows i'm linked and will show my steps but when i got into the app it says to connect a device, when i go to connect it pulls up a browser that says i'm connected.

Not the same issue then.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    hadams6989 wrote: »
    Mine has never synced. On MFP it says they're linked, yet when I go into steps, it shows no device. Then I try to add my Fitbit and get the same "you are already linked to Fitbit" message. Very annoying to have to toggle between the two apps and log everything twice. I dont understand why they two aren't communicating?! I've gone through and revoked access and all and nothing will work.

Does it say a device is already link actually to your account, or an account is already linked to that device?

Those are a specific error message you cannot correct.

If that's not it, did you confirm in the MFP app for settings that the Step source is selected to be the Fitbit?

When you have linked accounts, that setting does NOT mean it is getting steps directly from the device, but rather the account. The Fitbit account is of course getting steps from the device.

If no account is linked, it means get steps from the device and MFP will do it's own rough estimates for things - not nearly as nice.

But you also mean meal calories are not showing up in Fitbit?