Chicken thighs

Options
2»

Replies

• kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I cut them into chunks, season with salt and pepper and some garlic powder then brown in a skillet just before they're cooked through, add the sauce from this dish. (Honey Srirancha chicken thighs) let it simmer and thicken. You can add any veggies you have that you've sauteed or steamed. I like mushrooms and snap peas and maybe some broccoli. Serve over rice.

They also make really good grilled chicken tacos.
  • kayna1225
    kayna1225 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    im drooling
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Oh I tried a new recipe yesterday... I did "fix" it as it asked for deep fried chicken wings, but I baked drumsticks instead and continued with the recipe as written (but if you want to do it the original way, go for it!! :smiley: ). The sauce is delicious!!

Honeyed Chicken

Here's the video as well, although the cook speaks another language... but you can still get the idea on how it's made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv3LQvohiSI
  • lichic25
    lichic25 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/braised_paprika_chicken.html

Low calorie, can be frozen and stored for up to a month and if you cook it in advance to be eaten another day, it tastes even better because it's a braised dish :)
  • rglovorn
    rglovorn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Bumping for more recipes :smiley:
  • jbodoni
    jbodoni Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    IMO thighs are the very best part of the chicken. I buy the family pack of bone-in, skin-on because they're cheaper, then throw them into the cast iron Dutch oven that lives on the back burner of my gas stove.

I season generously with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder and turn the flame on as low as it will go, put the lid on, then I leave it alone. Every half hour or hour (or whenever I think about it), I move them around in the pot.

After three hours or so they're done. I remove them onto a cooling rack over a sheet pan to let them dry and cool, then remove the skin and excess fat and shred the meat into a Ziploc bag.

As a lazy single guy, this is the same braising method I use for any protein: chicken, pork, or beef. I can put the meat on sandwiches, throw it in boiling water with noodles for quick and easy soup, or just flat out stuff it in my face. Very tender and flavorful.
  • kayna1225
    Options
    best bbq chicken ive ever had(im usually not a fan)

1c bbq
    1/4-1/2 c Italian dressing
    1/4-1/2 c brown sugar
    worcestire sauce(im sure I spelled that wrong)

I threw in crockpot....delicious
    I had it over a salad but my kids made sandwiches with coleslaw
  • joyce0624
    joyce0624 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    bump
  • circae
    circae Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My go to recipe for chicken thighs is a paleo one from Balanced Bites. Easy peasy. Melt butter, mix in Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, and ground sage, brush on thighs and bake at 425 for 50-60 minutes. We have this several times a month. And it's versatile enough that I've taken leftovers and made into chicken salad, added to top salads, and even thrown into other recipes without messing up flavors.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Equal parts of honey and dijon mustard (1/4-1/3 cup) and a pinch of thyme. Pour over chicken and bake.
  • troutrouter
    Options
    Throw on some fajita seasoning, grill, put in corn tortilla and add pico de gallo.
  • kayna1225
    edited March 2015
    Options
    kristydi wrote: »
    I cut them into chunks, season with salt and pepper and some garlic powder then brown in a skillet just before they're cooked through, add the sauce from this dish. (Honey Srirancha chicken thighs) let it simmer and thicken. You can add any veggies you have that you've sauteed or steamed. I like mushrooms and snap peas and maybe some broccoli. Serve over rice.

They also make really good grilled chicken tacos.

ive been trying some of these and they are delish and easy!-but I did make the honey siracha last night and it takes the cake for me-it wasn't spicy like I thought it would b
    some sautéed cabbage and rice.mmmmmm
    THANK YOU
  • esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    I love to make a curry with chicken thighs. I hate white meat lol! Just cook up the meat, then stir-fry some veggies, meanwhile warm up some coconut milk with some curry paste (most grocery stores have it now) and then simmer it all together.

THIS!!! We love curry with thighs and not white meat!
  • nam99lee
    nam99lee Posts: 2 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    My go to tasty and healthy recipe recipe is Lemon Garlic Rosemary Chicken. Marinate will all of the above. A little EVO and some apple cider vinegar w lots of lemon juice. Grill or in the winter, I used a cast iron skillet yo get a nice crisp sear. This is my go to chicken dish when I'm on The Plan
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Sprinkle them liberally with spices (I like Weber Kickin Chicken) and then lightly with flour just on top. Heat your oven to 400 F and heat an oven safe pan with a lid to medium high on the stove. Heat a little oil, just enough to coat the bottom of the pan, and then place the thighs flour side down in the oil. Cook for a few minutes until the flour/spice coating is browned, flip the chicken, put the lid on and pop in the oven for about 20 minutes or so until cooled through. This tasted like fried chicken.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Or, cook in a lidded pan with some salsa (I eyeball it... Just enough to give it lots of flavor but not so much that it's swimming.) Simmer with the lid on until the chicken is very tender, about 30 minutes. Shred and you have burrito filling.
  • kayna1225
    Options
    I cooked with a jar of salsa verde(I bought target brand) in crockpot with cumin, oregano, garlic-soo easy and yummy-I put it over brown rice but my kids made tostadas with it
    I got it off of skinnytaste website
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    oh wow ! bump