New Here...

Options
Hello Everyone!

Totally new here. Thought I'd start off by saying hi. Long way to go 145lbs, but I've finally seen the light and know what I have to do.

I've been reading through a number of discussions and can see this is a great community.

First day going well. No birthdays at work for the next while which is good. Question for you all. What are some ways you say no, or pass on celebration food/ cake without seeming like the "anti social" employee.

Hoping to make some great friends and support, and learn things about myself and living healthy in general through MFP.

Replies

• XxQueenMxX
    XxQueenMxX Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome :)

We have office lunch here at the office once a month and bday celebration cupcakes once a month as well. For office lunch, I bring my own lunch and still sit with my co workers. I tell my self I won't give in, and just stick to it! As for the cupcakes, I just don't go in the kitchen when they bring them in, we don't sing happy bday or anything so I'm not forced to go in there. At the end of the day I just grab one and take it home to my son :)

Its all a mindset. Just keep telling your self you wont give in. Think in the long run, I promise it will be worth it! Good luck :)