Reasonably new to MFP

Hi everyone - I am new to this well been doing this for 6 weeks and have lost a stone which I am thrilled about but weight loss has slowed down but don't really know why - I am being super good this week but of dont lose much will worry I am maybe not eating enough coz should be falling off (have another five stone to lose)

Does anyone have any tips got great weight loss on MFP?

Also I have always put my activity as sedentary as have office job and put my exersize goals in and then add exersize to daily log as do it but don't eat cals just to be even better etc - I want to check this is right and it has included extra cals in my daily amount coz I put in exersize goals and I am right to put in daily exersize?

All help much appreciated!

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    1. Calculate your TDEE.
    2. Eat a reasonable caloric deficit.
    3. Buy a food scale and weigh all of your food for accuracy in logging.
    4. Start a cardio and strength training program.
    5. Be consistent, log your food honestly, and don't get discouraged by lack of progress or bad days.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    add exersize to daily log as do it but don't eat cals just to be even better

Not eating calories back does not equal being better - your daily deficit is already built into your daily goal, meaning eat to goal, do zero exercise, and you'll lose weight. Adding exercise leaves you with too large a deficit, which can actually be counterproductive, leaving you under-fueled, eventually exhausted, and over time, can screw up your hormones, your metabolism, etc.

Food is fuel, and MFP is designed and set up that you are supposed to eat back those exercise cals.