The Small Successes That Keep You Motivated

Options
2»

Replies

• atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Slowly but surely fitting into clothes that I haven't been able to wear in years. There is a shirt someone gave me which was my favorite "fat" shirt, and I outgrew it in 2010. Last week I was digging around in my closet, looking for something to wear, and saw it, tried it on, and it FITS! MFP has surely been a godsend for me! I'm sticking with black slacks and a button down shirt that doesn't show my rolls too much, and had to buy a smaller size pants at Goodwill because my previous black pants were beginning to feel like two full-length skirts around my legs. When I first got them nearly 20 pounds ago, the pockets stuck out. Also, people are starting to notice, which is very nice!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I think mine will be when I go from "morbidly obese" to "obese," and then to "overweight," then normal weight. Those are still kind of big goals for me, but I have to keep them far off.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Getting stronger :D
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    I think mine will be when I go from "morbidly obese" to "obese," and then to "overweight," then normal weight. Those are still kind of big goals for me, but I have to keep them far off.

I have a friend who sets her goals in stages as well. She is finally starting to lose weight for the first time in her life. Keep it up!
  • ArkMom35
    ArkMom35 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    - Feeling better overall
    - Being able to do my exercise videos for longer and with more effort
    - Clothes feeling looser
    - I also set mini goals of every 10 lbs to help encourage me, so I love reaching those goals
    - Tightening my fitness band because it got loose
    - My wedding/engagement rings rolling around my finger. Though I should probably fix that :)
  • saggyandbaggy
    saggyandbaggy Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Just watching the graph go down and cheering each time it hits another 10 lbs off. Also buying a complete new wardrobe and being able to shop in 'normal' shops!