First month of eating clean and exercise

Options
Im about three weeks into a total lifestyle change. Eating clean, no sugar. I ate pretty healthy before with the exception of sugar. I've cut that out three weeks ago. I do about 7-10 miles on an exercise bike every day and about 5 strength exercises each day (squats, push-ups, plank, etc). I feel amazing and full of energy but other than an initial loss the first week, the scale has stayed the same. I understand this is common to not lose or even gain in the first month of exercise/strength training. I would love to hear from anyone who experienced this as well and when the weight did start to drop.

Replies

• jkrunner80
    jkrunner80 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Have you measured inches and such? Sometimes that is the best way to see progress when the scale isn't cooperating. I was dealing with the same issue about a month ago...eating strict and working out a ton but the scale wouldn't budge. About 3 weeks later I hopped on and BOOM, down 9 pounds. I guess my body was like "oookkkkaaaay...now I'll cut you some slack" haha.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Are you logging everything? Weighing your food?

No matter what your diet choice is, if your Calories In > Calories Out, you won't lose weight.

Also, no sugar? Does that include no fruit as well? :wink:
  • greeneyed1975
    greeneyed1975 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I do log everything I eat and I only get sugar from fruit. I have dramatically changed my diet and eating habits and am logging everything I eat. I feel confident that I've created a calorie deficit.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only person who is experiencing this though. I need to start taking measurements!