Plateaus suck

Options
i had been averaging about 1 lb down a week. Nothing spectacular, but it worked for me, but now I'm at a standstill. I stayed at the same weight (well, even up a tad once) for a MONTH!! My diet and exercise have stayed the same or better... I think. Grrr! Now it's coming off again, but in tiny increments. Yes, I logged a .2 lb loss today- ha! On the bright side, I did kind of pig out the last few days, and didn't gain at least!
i really don't relish the idea of starting over from scratch to get that last 10 or 20 off, but if I must, OK. Not sure oft target weight- I'd be happy 10 lbs lighter, IF I can greatly improve lean muscle- the jiggle makes me feel old and fat!!!
Hmmm... Should I cut calories, ramp up the strength and/ or cardio, just make better food choices? A LOT of sugar sneaks in my diet.

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    No idea what you are doing to compare and no open diary so cant see or provide anything other than a generic response. Give the relevant details and people may be able to tailor their response.

Keep it simple. You may be approaching the place where your deficit is getting so small you are going into maintenance. The obvious responses are to check your logging and the math of your deficit calculation. You shoild check your calories have been checked against your weight as you get to eat less the less you weigh. have you done that?

The response will then be you are eating more than you think and or burning less.
    You then have 2 options either reduce calories down or increase exercise burns, bith of which should increase your deficit and kick on with weight loss. If you think all your math is correct, your logging and exercise in shape then you may just need to be patient and keep on delivering the consisten deficits. It will move eventually assuming you really are at a deficit, but weight loss isnt linear.

• billbrown72
    billbrown72 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yes they do suck...I stayed at a 45 pound loss since Christmas..just recently breaking through...stepped up logging all my food...reaching my goal.of 10000 steps a day on top of 30 min cardio at gym everyday