My post was "warned" then taken down?

NiqueKristan
NiqueKristan Posts: 152 Member
edited March 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I posted about not seeing a change in a month with weight loss and posted pics. Most were helpful, but one was critical and then I got a notification that I'd been warned and now post is deleted. My progress was in my underwear, but nothing provocative or revealing. Just wanted opinions. Are you not supposed to post progress pics in underwear?

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    I believe I saw your post and it wasn't what I would consider in bad taste or anything. Maybe go for a swim suite next time? It will show the same stuff but at least it's "meant" to be seen? People have their undies in their profile pics and stuff though so I am not sure why that was a big deal?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    I saw it ...I thought you were completely decent in all images

And I think it's just another weird application of guidelines by a moderator

Do not be surprised if this goes poof too

Never known a forum like it
  • NiqueKristan
    Unfortunately:

All images on the site, including all profile pictures and images posted in the forums, should be work-place friendly. While we reserve the right to remove any photo we feel is inappropriate, here are some partial guidelines as to what is not acceptable:
    - no nudity
    - no underwear, thongs, g-strings, or banana hammocks
    - no pants or shorts worn mid-hip or below (no saggers)
    - no photos in which hands or objects are the only bodily covering
    - no excessive cleavage (if you would wear it to work, it’s probably OK)
    - no close-up shots of cleavage, butt, breasts or crotch in any state of dress
    - no hateful or violent imagery
    - no images containing profanity or vulgarity

Boo! I mean, great rules guys! :wink:
    I believe I saw your post and it wasn't what I would consider in bad taste or anything. Maybe go for a swim suite next time? It will show the same stuff but at least it's "meant" to be seen? People have their undies in their profile pics and stuff though so I am not sure why that was a big deal?
    OK... It was just what I felt showed the most progress. I saw it as no different than a bikini, or ads we see on TV. I don't own a bikini, and my problem area is my stomach so I showed that. All I wanted was advice/motivation/support.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    I was the one who seemed to be critical by saying I could never post that kind of pictures of myself, but I did not report you.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Unfortunately:

All images on the site, including all profile pictures and images posted in the forums, should be work-place friendly. While we reserve the right to remove any photo we feel is inappropriate, here are some partial guidelines as to what is not acceptable:
    - no nudity
    - no underwear, thongs, g-strings, or banana hammocks
    - no pants or shorts worn mid-hip or below (no saggers)
    - no photos in which hands or objects are the only bodily covering
    - no excessive cleavage (if you would wear it to work, it’s probably OK)
    - no close-up shots of cleavage, butt, breasts or crotch in any state of dress
    - no hateful or violent imagery
    - no images containing profanity or vulgarity

Boo! I mean, great rules guys! :wink:
    OK... It was just what I felt showed the most progress. I saw it as no different than a bikini, or ads we see on TV. I don't own a bikini, and my problem area is my stomach so I showed that. All I wanted was advice/motivation/support.

Don't let it get you down. I think of it as getting a speeding ticket---"everyone" speeds, and lots of people never get ticketed. You (your post) just happened at the "right" (wrong?) moment that a moderator was watching.

Just wear a tank top rolled up (tucked into bra) for "modest" progress pics. That's what I do (well, NOW I do that--accidental rule breaker myself).
  • NiqueKristan
    I was the one who seemed to be critical by saying I could never post that kind of pictures of myself, but I did not report you.
    Thanks for clarifying. Just wanted advice.
  • DebzNuDa
    DebzNuDa Posts: 252 Member
    Had no problem with your pic. Just know, we're rooting for ya. Use your little leggings and a top that fits tighter (personally, I HAVE to hide my belly cuz I am old and wrinkled too boot) it will show the progress! :)
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    I think they would maybe not want us posted in our undies...not that it looked provacative but its a slippery slope.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Just as an FYI - questioning why a post was warned or removed can also get you warned and removed.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Welcome to MFP. Sorry your about to get a second warning. :(
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    As mentioned, it's part of the rules, but I still have no clue why bras are not allowed but more revealing bikinis are. You've already gotten good advice for photo taking that won't get warnings, so I'd say just retake them. And congrats on the progress you've made so far.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    I didn't see it so I can't comment on it. However, in general, I hate underwear pics, boob pics, etc. Not a prude - just don't want them on my screen.
  • NiqueKristan
    Just as an FYI - questioning why a post was warned or removed can also get you warned and removed.
    Thanks for the heads up. They won't remove me as a member right? Agh I'm just trying to get familiar with posting rules, not trying to be a trouble maker :(
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    4535916_blog-1.jpg

As was mentioned above, the site needs to be kept work-place friendly and it is a slippery slope when it comes to pictures in underwear, which is why the guidelines prohibit underwear pics in general. And now for the other guidelines…

Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

11. No Airing of Grievances With Moderators

a) Protesting a moderator or admin action is not allowed on the Forums or in Groups. If you have a question or concern about a moderator or admin action, please email one of the moderators or Olivia, MFP's Community Manager, with your concern and we will investigate the matter promptly.
    b) If you have concerns about another poster, or wish to report a guideline violation, the only appropriate venue is to use the Report Post link or to message a moderator or Olivia, MFP's Community Manager. You may not air such concerns on the message boards themselves. If you have a general concern that does not involve a specific member, you may post your question in the Feedback or Help forums.
    c) Threats made to moderators will not be tolerated, and will result in an immediate ban from the site.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,

kgeyser
This discussion has been closed.