Get me away from c$&@y food...

Options
Work out every day and trying to look better but dirt food is really hard to stay away from.... What has helped anyone else....????

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    dirt food?
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I don't eat dirt food!! Just like real food like ice cream. ;)
  • Rodolfo69
    Rodolfo69 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yup....

• wathjo1
    wathjo1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Eating smaller amounts of the things I like. Understanding that I CAN'T just eat one slice of pizza. Adding vegetables to all of my meals. Thinking about how my meal will benefit my body. If I want a burger and fries, I lose the bun and get a small fry. Baby steps... but it's working!
  • Rodolfo69
    Options
    Thank u for the support in trying that out today....
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    I don't eat dirt food!! Just like real food like ice cream. ;)

mmm ice cream
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    In case anyone was wondering what dirt food looks like:

traditional-cakes-wonderful-brown-dirt-cake-decorating-idea-in-the-glass-bowl-with-black-crushed-cookies-and-red-green-gummy-candy-worms-amazing-dirt-cake-decorating-ideas.jpg
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    ^^ can I has some??? I can make it fit my macros somehow.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,940 Member
    Options
    As often happens when people mention "categories" of "bad" food, ice cream was quickly mentioned! And the thread was beautifully adorned with pictures of "dirt" food.

Most people trying to lose weight using MFP did not arrive here because of a previously healthy relationship with food.

It is great that some people have progressed in their journey through life to the point that they are now able to eat "loved" or "trigger" foods in moderation.

I too look forward to the day when I will be able to sit around boxes of pizza, gaze at rows of pastries and cakes, have tubs of ice-cream in my freezer, stock up the candy drawer with kit kats and truffles instead of protein bars, and bring home baguettes and French cheese without the desire (or the fear) that I will sit down and devour 6,000 calories in an hour of eating in front of the TV.

However, like wathjo1 alluded when she mentioned pizza, I am not quite there yet.

And if I do NOT want to eat these 6,000 calories, it is a heck of a lot easier on me NOT to place myself next to these "temptations".

I eat enough other things that I enjoy sufficiently that I've yet to sit up all night ruminating on a food item I am missing out on!

So do "DIRT" food exist? Is there something inherently magical about grass fed beef and free roaming chicken eggs that will make us all thin? Are the McDonald hamburgers I regularly eat inherently "dirty"?

I think not.

Still, for me, for now, I am not planning to join you for pizza night, and I am certainly not planning to bring home a couple of tubs of ice cream!
  • auddii
    Options
    In case anyone was wondering what dirt food looks like:

traditional-cakes-wonderful-brown-dirt-cake-decorating-idea-in-the-glass-bowl-with-black-crushed-cookies-and-red-green-gummy-candy-worms-amazing-dirt-cake-decorating-ideas.jpg

Oh good. Thanks for clearing that up. Someone pass a spoon...
  • auddii
    edited March 2015
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    As often happens when people mention "categories" of "bad" food, ice cream was quickly mentioned! And the thread was beautifully adorned with pictures of "dirt" food.

Most people trying to lose weight using MFP did not arrive here because of a previously healthy relationship with food.

It is great that some people have progressed in their journey through life to the point that they are now able to eat "loved" or "trigger" foods in moderation.

I too look forward to the day when I will be able to sit around boxes of pizza, gaze at rows of pastries and cakes, have tubs of ice-cream in my freezer, stock up the candy drawer with kit kats and truffles instead of protein bars, and bring home baguettes and French cheese without the desire (or the fear) that I will sit down and devour 6,000 calories in an hour of eating in front of the TV.

However, like wathjo1 alluded when she mentioned pizza, I am not quite there yet.

And if I do NOT want to eat these 6,000 calories, it is a heck of a lot easier on me NOT to place myself next to these "temptations".

I eat enough other things that I enjoy sufficiently that I've yet to sit up all night ruminating on a food item I am missing out on!

So do "DIRT" food exist? Is there something inherently magical about grass fed beef and free roaming chicken eggs that will make us all thin? Are the McDonald hamburgers I regularly eat inherently "dirty"?

I think not.

Still, for me, for now, I am not planning to join you for pizza night, and I am certainly not planning to bring home a couple of tubs of ice cream!

Oh well, I've never heard the term dirt food, there was very little explanation to the post, and the title is less than helpful. It's hard to respond when you have no clue what is going on... I asked for clarification and the response I got was "yup".
  • gaurdgoose
    gaurdgoose Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Breads crackers and Tortillas are my temptations
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Rodolfo69 wrote: »
    Work out every day and trying to look better but dirt food is really hard to stay away from.... What has helped anyone else....????

Eating dirt food is a big NO NO!!

mud-pie.jpg

Eating this mud pie is much better!! :blush:

mud_pie.jpg

In all seriousness though, eat all kinds of food dude, don't treat food as dirt. Make it fit in your calories. It's that simple.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I actually think eating dirt helps your immune system. But probably not your macros.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,940 Member
    Options
    Rodolfo69 wrote: »

Passing on that soft drink the first. Time. Then the second time. Then enough times that I now automatically just order water and don't think twice about it.

Logging the amount of calories in mayonnaise, salad dressing, and olive oil that is not strictly rationed : - ) I soon decided that I would rather add a whole can of salmon to my salad as opposed to a couple of spoonfuls of dressing.

Logging the calories for some fast food items and either choosing different ones or modifying the way I order them. A Big Mac is approximately 530 calories and costs about US$4 up here in BC. A McDouble with lettuce, tomato, red onion and extra mustard is 400 calories and half the price.

Logging the amount of calories in various nuts, which led to using a scale to pre-portion 15 to 28g "goodie" packs. Taking one pack at a time out of the drawer. Logging it. Eating it. Getting up and doing the same for the next pack. Walking around the block once before getting a third one : - )

Make a small change. Then another. Then another.
    A month or two later a lot changes.
  • Rodolfo69
    Options
    All those pics just make me hungry.... >:)