Iam sick of living

Options
13»

Replies

• tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Dreamsless, maybe weight loss isn't the real problem. It sounds like depression might be. Is there someone (other than family) you can talk to, like a therapist? From someone who's struggled with her weight her entire life, I know that trying to lose weight for the wrong reason is guaranteed failure.

Perhaps try setting small, realistic goals that you can reach every day, such as eating less of a "bad" food (and as other's have said, there are no bad foods) or maybe going for a walk when you normally wouldn't.

Don't quit on us or yourself :smile:
  • TheLegendaryBrandonHarris
    Options
    I get down and out sometimes, too. We probably all do. The fact that you looked for and found a tool to help you get healthier is a very good sign.

Action makes me feel better. Not necessarily working out, but action as in taking steps. Getting MyFitnessPal, monitoring your calories, making a plan, learning about your body and nutrition, feeling good about the future, taking control. Another thing that helps me immensely is having others depend on me. If you're not working right now maybe you can do some volunteer work---here in the States, animal shelters often need help. You're helping out AND you get to play with the animals.

I was 311 pounds at 24 years old. (I swear that was just a few weeks ago, but I'm 35 now so it must have been a bit longer lol. Time flies.) Had I adopted healthy habits back then I think things in my life would be far better than they are now. But that's ok...I have today and so do you.

So, get up! Get going! Good things are happening!
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I get down and out sometimes, too. We probably all do. The fact that you looked for and found a tool to help you get healthier is a very good sign.

Action makes me feel better. Not necessarily working out, but action as in taking steps. Getting MyFitnessPal, monitoring your calories, making a plan, learning about your body and nutrition, feeling good about the future, taking control. Another thing that helps me immensely is having others depend on me. If you're not working right now maybe you can do some volunteer work---here in the States, animal shelters often need help. You're helping out AND you get to play with the animals.

I was 311 pounds at 24 years old. (I swear that was just a few weeks ago, but I'm 35 now so it must have been a bit longer lol. Time flies.) Had I adopted healthy habits back then I think things in my life would be far better than they are now. But that's ok...I have today and so do you.

So, get up! Get going! Good things are happening!

I love this. Once you realize you can help others do [whatever], suddenly life has all kinds of meaning!
  • Justygirl77
    Justygirl77 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    each day is challlage for me..from waking up to the night i have to fight myself again and again.its just been a week i have stared and its consuming me mentally..its like i couldnt do any thing about it..i am 24 and 130 kg
    So sorry, that stinks!
    It makes a difference to go for walks, take walks through out the day, starting in the morning, to boost your mood. I have felt low like that before, too. It's no fun.
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    each day is challlage for me..from waking up to the night i have to fight myself again and again.its just been a week i have stared and its consuming me mentally..its like i couldnt do any thing about it..i am 24 and 130 kg

You need to see a doctor and get referred to someone who can help with these thoughts. Been there myself, it's a horrible place to be but it's a reversible situation.