Cheat day

Options
Should I be worry after a cheat day? I went for a bang yesterday(no macros counted + not the best kind of food) and I gained 5pound next day. Iam on a calorie deficit/cutting for a while and I'm feeling so guilty and keep thinking about fat gain. Please help

Replies

• soccerkon26
    soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    A lot of it is probably water weight because of the sodium.

You can't do anything about it now, so just make tomorrow a better day :)

(I also suggest trying to log all of your food even on a cheat day so you can really see how much you're eating!)

Or just have a "cheat" meal.

I don't know how you normally eat, but sometimes people extremely binge all day because they are restricting themselves too much. Just a friendly reminder that you can eat those "not the best kind of foods" in moderation :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    First of all you didn't "gain" 5 pounds, its water retention. Secondly, life happens, log it and move one.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Unless you managed to eat 24k+ calories, you didn't really gain weight.

Eating out can mean your sodium intake skyrocketed, which in turn means you'll hang on to extra water. Give it a week or so, hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!!!! and most of it should come right back off.

~Lyssa
  • ltangodownl
    ltangodownl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you for y'all advice...My eating was clean until I got home from the gym,super hungry and I ate about 12oz of salmon and a can of baked bean. Since salmon is high in fat that takes most of my calorie for the day and It was only 3pm and I had around 100calorie left for the day.(after that I didn't even count calorie and ate anything in sight) I'm feeling a bit better now because I only cheated half of a day but also supper regretful.
  • soccerkon26
    soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Don't be regretful! It's okay. You won't remember that day a year from now.

Just move on and do better tomorrow! Progress, not perfection :)
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I usually aim to eat at my maintainance or slightly over for my cheat day. That way I don't get too crazy with it. I could pound a whole pizza and a 6 pack of beer easy. That's just not the best plan.