I don't get it

Options
2»

Replies

• HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    gpstreet wrote: »
    All very good points. I just wish there was a way to tell the body to burn off the fat stores before burning what is in the belly.

If the body did that, we'd all be walking around with rotting food in our bellies until our bodies exhausted our fat stores and we were skin and bones. Sounds kind of gross.
  • gpstreet
    gpstreet Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    gpstreet wrote: »
    All very good points. I just wish there was a way to tell the body to burn off the fat stores before burning what is in the belly.

If the body did that, we'd all be walking around with rotting food in our bellies until our bodies exhausted our fat stores and we were skin and bones. Sounds kind of gross.
    Don't we do that anyway ? Rotting is just another term for breaking down the food right. Rotting in your view is food being broken down by bacteria and microbes. Rotting in our stomach is broken down by acid and maybe also the digestive flora. Besides I think we would not put stuff in our bellys if we were not hungry and we would not be hungry if the body knew we had stores of fat ready for use.