Booty workout?

nicole_ann114
nicole_ann114 Posts: 8 Member
edited March 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
hello!
So I am VERY new to the world of working out. I'm not overweight or anything but I would just like to get in shape for the summer season. I started squatting last week aside with bench presses, lunges, sit-ups, and running 3 days a week.
I was just wondering , does anyone know good workouts that could help tone and lift my butt some more aside from the squats and lunges?
Thanks!

Replies

• The_Sandra
    The_Sandra Posts: 56 Member
    http://amzn.to/1HbnOIk

Get this book. Do the workouts. Admire your awesome booty.
  • musclegood_fatbad
    musclegood_fatbad Posts: 9,809 Member
    Squats and lunges are definitely the best exercises.

Two other good ones are barbell hip thrust and cable kickbacks.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Hey you can also join the "A Challenge A Day" group! Were doing an event called Kick A.S.S April, where we focus the whole month on toning our butts lol.
  • kungabungadin
    kungabungadin Posts: 290 Member
    Hey Idon't know if this is any good or not just yet, because I am just about to pick it up from walmart, but I have heard so many good reviews about it and that is a video called 10 Minute Solutions: Belly, Butt and Thigh Blasters! I mean only 10 minutes I found it on youtube after I bought it, but I think I will keep it anyway it came also with a free circle band or what ever it's called and it looks like a good workout from what I saw. Also I found Leslie Sansone's 3 mile walk on youtube and that uses a resistance band any way that was a great workout and I think you get it all with that one including the booty.

Best luck and if you would like another friend please add me and I will keep you posted on my progress with this dvd. Good luck.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Add the exercise they call "bridges" (google for demonstrations) and hold dumbbells on your hips to increase resistance.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    The_Sandra wrote: »
    http://amzn.to/1HbnOIk

Get this book. Do the workouts. Admire your awesome booty.

Strong Curves is literally the best book out there for this. Squats and deadlifts are definitely good- went from flat to not-flat. But when i added the work outs from strong curves, it was even better!
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Up hill wind sprints and if you don't have a hill handy wind sprints by themselves are good.
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    I second the bridges, hip thrusters, and kickbacks.

I noticed I need to do bridges before squats and lunges. My glutes don't engage as much if I don't.