why does my weight keep going up and down

Options
why does my weight keep going up and down?

Its annoying and frustrating

Replies

• November_Fire
    November_Fire Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    By 1lb or by 50lb?

Within a few minutes, few hours or few days?
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    If you are trying to maintain to the exact pound, you are going to have a bad time. Water weight, food weight, changes in exercise routine, hormones, etc, etc are going to change your weight on a daily basis even in maintenance. Most people have a 5lb range.

My maintenance range is 125-140.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    It's normal for your weight to fluctuate. Food and water intake, sodium content, menstrual cycle, etc... I weight myself every day and enter the info into a chart. It's different every single day.

c5wxlv0bi03a.png
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    natural fluctuations due to normal body operations like peeing, pooping, losing water weight, retaining water weight, etc...
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    natural fluctuations due to normal body operations like peeing, pooping, losing water weight, retaining water weight, etc...

Get over it. Weigh yourself once a week.
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    triceyx wrote: »
    why does my weight keep going up and down?

Its annoying and frustrating

For the same reason why your body breathes in oxygen and pumps blood around. Your weight changes constantly, this is natural and if it wasn't happening - you'd probably be deceased.
  • shifterbrainz
    shifterbrainz Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Didn't I read on here once that annoyance makes you gain weight Frustration makes you lose. Or was it the other way? I don't remember anymore. :\