On diet but still feeling huge

i have been on a diet for at least 2 months I eat the right things I watch my calorie intake I make sure I'm within my goals etc I exercise not as much as I would like but I try and yet I feel huge my mum says it's all in my head .. Any thoughts?

Thank you

Replies

• zen2711
    zen2711 Posts: 2 Member
    edited March 2015
    You have to move. You won't feel better about your body until you see what it is capable of! You have time, just use it better :)
  • r5d5
    r5d5 Posts: 219 Member
    It takes a while for your mind to come around and "feel" the changes. It's hard to see the progress, even when we look at ourselves every day in the mirror!
    Adding exercise can help you feel better, as the previous poster suggested. It's exciting to realize what you're capable of.
    Also, pull out an old shirt or pants that are now looser or too big. That can help with becoming connected to your weightloss, having that visual reminder.
  • vchan000
    vchan000 Posts: 38 Member
    I admit, I still don't see it, unless I look at my before pictures right next to my current pictures. In my brain and the mirror I still take up the same amount of space I did 50lbs ago. Nevermind that my clothes don't fit, I received some lovely compliments from people who haven't seen me in a while, and I'm able to do far more physically than I could 5 months ago.

It'll take your brain some time to catch up to the body. Take it one day at a time, and be aware that your mirror is lying to you. Pay attention to the little things and it helps. The car seat hasn't moved, but I'm no longer snug up to the steering wheel. I'm vaguely surprised squeezing behind chairs to get out from the table that I didn't think I'd fit through. Those little dongles on the ends of my feet are TOES, and I can touch them again.

It'll come, promise.