I don't like meal prepping

Options
2»

Replies

• Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    mskelzz wrote: »
    Love your answers. But some people got confused. I don't mind preparing to cook. I just don't like cooking food and then having to put it in the fridge or freezer. Then warming it back up when ready to eat.

I think once food gone cold and re heating it doesn't take nice at all the following day

So it seems like I have to find time and cook fresh food every day.

The only time I will make something ahead of time to be cooked later is if I won't be home for dinner. My husband can't cook (he gave the kids and himself food poisoning the last time he cooked) and now my kids refuse to eat anything he makes, unless it's something I've put together. It's not a requirement to losing weight.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i dont cook ahead meals. ever. i dont like old food. LOL

the most prep i do is during basketball season when im on the courts all day with the camera. then ill make my lunch ahead- sometimes a salad, sometimes a wrap, whatever. they provide lunch for staff and volunteers but..... yeah. food rules. ill just bring my own, thanks LOL ;)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    jimmmer wrote: »
    I've found some dishes to actually be far superior second time around.

Stews, Chilli, Bolognese, Curries are all examples that can be batch cooked and whose flavour develops on reheating.

Agreed there! But with the Bolognese you pretty much have to cook anyway... because reheated pasta is nasty.

But otherwise I kinda agree with OP, a lot of things are just better fresh. If I had to make lunch for work, I'd probably just have wraps, sandwiches or salads (or yeah, those dishes that taste better reheated).