Cheat Day!

Options
Hi guys! Do you have a cheat day, or cheat meal of the week? If so, what are the benefits? (easier to look forward to something..) Do you not count calories all together for this day or meal, or what exactly do you do? What do you eat?(:

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    No, I just incorporate what I want to eat in my normal days. Once in a blue moon I'll go over on calories for one meal though but so far I haven't been more than 50 calories over. Of course my goal is 1850 calories and not 1200, so it helps.
  • jennagoogles13
    Options
    I usually have 1 meal a week that's totally out of the norm for me(Chinese food, burrito, pizza) but I always make room for it and make sure it's within my macros. If it means I have to work a little harder, so be it:laugh:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    nope...if I want something pizza, ice cream, etc ..I fit it into my goals for the day ..sometimes I go over but that's call ...cheating implies doing something wrong ..so if I want something I have it..

I think some people - IMO - use cheat days as an excuse to destroy 5000 cals, which then blows out there weekly intake and they wonder why no loss...

so if you are craving something ..plan ahead and fit it into your daily goals..
  • JEG2012
    JEG2012 Posts: 158
    Options
    One meal a week, usually on the weekend but I exercise extra to compensate for the calories so virutally no guilty feelings of splurging :)
  • goomba76
    goomba76 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Once a month I go to Buffalo Wild Wings for Beer and Wings. But I work out like a madman to fit all the calories I eat. For that meal into my daily calorie goal (including the ones i gained working out) on that day.
  • banana_milk
    Options
    I think it's a better idea to fit the foods you want into your daily macros rather than have a cheat day.
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I do. Usually Fri night, I eat whatever I want. We go out to eat a lot on Fridays & I want to get whatever I want. However, I try not to go over what my maintenance calories would currently be, which is 2270. Also, I try to make sure I get in a good workout & allow myself to eat back a portion of those. I have consistantly lost .5 - 1.5lb a week. I think as long as you still set a limit for yourself & don't go all out with an outrageous day/meal you will be fine.
  • Beauty4Ashes2268
    Options
    nope...if I want something pizza, ice cream, etc ..I fit it into my goals for the day ..sometimes I go over but that's call ...cheating implies doing something wrong ..so if I want something I have it..

I think some people - IMO - use cheat days as an excuse to destroy 5000 cals, which then blows out there weekly intake and they wonder why no loss...

Love this!!!
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    The other day, I wanted Krystals. Badly. i was on my period, and I was craving salt like whoa.

Know what I did? I had sweet boyfriend get me Krystals.

And I ate 4. With Cheese. And fries.

Then, I turned on the tube, and cracnked up the cardio.

Eat what you want, in moderation. I mean, don't go eating four cheese krystals and fries every day lol.

Exercise. Drink that water. Don't have a full out blow it day.
  • ScouseNerd
    ScouseNerd Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My entire last weekend was unrecorded. Huge wedding (with decadent treats and flowing liquor) on Saturday then of course on Sunday, I needed a pizza to soak up the alcohol. I went for an hour walk but it was still a pizza.

I loosen the reigns a bit on the weekend (some drinks here, a small bag of chips there - as long as it fits between MFP cal and my BMR cal) but I should never ever do what I did again while I'm doing this. It's how I got there in the first place.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

Hello correct answer....I'm glad we're friends.

that is probably why we are friends!
  • worldsbestauntie
    worldsbestauntie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I have a "Cheat Day" planned. My birthday is in two weeks and I've got plans to take myself out for breakfast (though I am going to eat healthy when I there!) and for lunch I want to go for pizza as you can eat FREE on your birthday. Between those two places and my cake (If I get one that is!) and ice cream (I buy myself my ultimate favorite ice cream one time a year for my birthday), it's probably all I will eat for the day. However, between those things, I can't see how I can stay under my calorie goal. I've resigned myself to be over for that day. Other then that one day coming up, I have no "cheat days" planned.