Serious question about eggs.

Options
lucky1ns
lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
I have a recipe for pasta tossed with eggs that I picked because it also uses ham which I have alot of.

It says to mix the eggs then put in the skillet then "cook until the eggs stick to the back of the spoon".

Then it gets tossed into the pasta.

Does this mean I toss it in while the eggs are essentially a liquid? A thicker liquid but still, not scrambled, right?

There will be some olive oil and juices tosdsed in with it and perhaps it gets "cooked" by the hot noodles.

I am scared to serve this!

It sounds good and is exactly what I was looking for but what if it is a big pile of raw, runny eggs?

Anybody?

Replies

• smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like it's a sauce and the egg is part of the sauce.
    Yes, it will not be like scrambled eggs.
    You'll be fine. Eggs are ok to eat raw. Don't fret my dear!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Sounds like they'll be cooked by serving time. Cooking comes from the heat of the pasta, think about lightly scrambled eggs, they aren't cooked very long and ppl eat them all the time.

Enjoy the time with company:flowerforyou:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options

It says to mix the eggs then put in the skillet then "cook until the eggs stick to the back of the spoon".
    Ok, reread what you originally wrote, well up above it says cook the eggs. So you're cooking them before adding to the pasta Hon:wink: 'Cook until the eggs stick to the back of the spoon', sounds like lightly cooked scrambled eggs, the eggs will continue to cook a bit from the heat of the noodles after you've mixed everything together.:flowerforyou:

Least that's how I interpret the recipe:happy:
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Thanks! You guys rock!

Way to go on the drinking and smoking or lack thereof!

I quit smoking 2 years ago but still have to work on the booze.

Good for you!
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Oh, thanks!
    I'm going to tell you know that I could really go for a nice glass of wine right now! The drinking has been harder for me than the smoking, but I drank a lot!
  • jenlhugg
    jenlhugg Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have made a dish like this before, the eggs cook to the outside of the noodles and kind of coat them in eggy deliciousness. Hope it turned out!
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Carbonara!!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Yeah carbonara. I usually drain the pasta and mix the eggs into the pasta while its still hot so the egg cooks. You don't see it get white. Its just there. Its Really good with pancetta and sun dried tomatoes and sprinkled with some grated pram or gruyere. YUM
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Ok after this thread I had to go find a healthy recipe for it, found one and posted it! I'd heard the word but really never knew what the dish actually was.

Thanks for those of you that passed that into on:wink:

Becca:heart: