Options
2»

Replies

• TiffanyR71
    TiffanyR71 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Another vote for:

FAT!!!!!

I have that issue when I don't get enough... I cook w/olive oil, but any one should do... And keep up w/water & lots of veggies/fruit!
  • SteveMFP123
    SteveMFP123 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing but after adding flaked almonds to my breakfast every morning it really helped.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Magnesium has been a great solution for me. :)
  • DMLC2014
    DMLC2014 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Working out also helps with the process too!!
  • TiffanyR71
    TiffanyR71 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    DMLC2014 wrote: »

Yes! Even walking!
  • kchezelle
    kchezelle Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I drink ultimate aloe to clear my digestive tract, helps so much
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Check that your fats aren't way way too low. Also, there are many options of naturally laxative foods out there, but different things work for different people. For me a nice sweet pear before my morning coffee works always, no exceptions; for some people it's prunes, or only dried prunes, or even spinach, or oddly enough, wine. It's not always related to the fiber content of the food, there is some chemical component that does the trick I guess. Find the one that works for you.
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    TiffanyR71 wrote: »
    DMLC2014 wrote: »

Yes! Even walking!

I remember back when I did Hatha Yoga there were poses that were supposed to help too, and they did - for me at least.
  • WindSparrow
    WindSparrow Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Magnesium Oxide will help, easy though if you take too much .. will make everything too fast!

Also you aren't getting enough fiber, if you were.. you wouldn't have this issue.

I'm going to have to disagree with this because of my own experience. I, too, have had the experience of getting constipated when I boatloads of veggies together with a modest amount of whole grains and little refined carbs. And seldom does anyone I've ever asked have any actual answers. All too often, either they don't believe me or don't really get what I am saying. But the only solution I have to offer is to add back in some refined carbohydrates into the eating plan.
  • breeleavitt
    breeleavitt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This thread has been very helpful! I have the same problem. Can someone suggest 'good' fats?
  • DeanaM2015
    DeanaM2015 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You just need more fibre and less yogurt. Yogurt causes constipation. Also make sure you eat less starch. I used to have severe constipation problem, all gone now. (Although to be fair I am vegan)
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I had this problem extremely bad for about the first year of "getting back to healthy." I'm ok now. I think it just took my body that long to "catch up " to the new routine. Good luck...this problem can really make you miserable...
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    This thread has been very helpful! I have the same problem. Can someone suggest 'good' fats?
    oily fish like salmon,smoked salmon.
    cheese.
    if all else fails,a greasy burgers really helps things along for me!