I havent been here long. I'm looking for friends who share a binge eating disorder

Options
I'm looking for friends who share the same struggle with addiction to food and binge eating disorder. I am 51 years old and have 150 pounds to lose and every day I am struggling with sugar addiction and carbs.

I am looking for people not just to sit on my friends list but to really be there and help each other.

Thanks, Karen

Replies

• 2012dancingqueen
    2012dancingqueen Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi karen, I've recently wondered if I share the same problem. Have you found any helpful resources to help with the binge eating?
  • Femmigirlz
    Femmigirlz Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hi. I've tried mindful eating. Meditation seems to help some.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I'm here everyday for mutual support!
  • Femmigirlz
    Options
    Thanks
  • tammiann61
    tammiann61 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue, I will support you as we support all who suffer from this!
  • austin779
    Options
    Try the paleo diet. You can eat as much as you want.
    You can also try the whole 30. These r diets you can look up on the internet!
  • Femmigirlz
    Options
    Thanks Austin. I have a few books on the Paleo , mediterranean, and wheat belly plans. Haven't heard of the other though.
  • shonako
    shonako Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for friends who share the same struggle with addiction to food and binge eating disorder. I am 51 years old and have 150 pounds to lose and every day I am struggling with sugar addiction and carbs.

I am looking for people not just to sit on my friends list but to really be there and help each other.

Thanks, Karen

Hi Karen. I had started binging 5 months ago due to the serve low Calorie diet that I was on for 6 months. I totally understand how you feel and just know that your not alOne. Everyday I wake up is a battle, but I refused to give up ! If you ever need ssomeone to talk to feel free to message me at any time:)
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Try the paleo diet. You can eat as much as you want.

Not really.

You still have to maintain a calorie deficit. And if you sit down and eat a 16 ounce prime rib, you are still going to be throwing down 1300 calories. Eat two other "paleo" meals and you'll probably blow your calorie limit for the day.

If hunger is what drives you do binge, consider seeing your doctor about an phentermine/topiramate. You will need a BMI over 30 and at least one comorbidity like high blood pressure, etc. But it is an effective appetite suppressant and it makes me not think about food. Makes it easy to stick to a calorie deficit.