discouraged yet again..

OK..sorry I have to let loose !! How many inches do u have to loose before the weight starts coming off?, I'm getting to the point i can tell I'm getting full and its hard for me to eat 3 meals a day & drink all the water I should!! My workouts are going well. I even feel guilty when I don't work out .. I have goals in mind.. Maybe I'm just impatient!!! Wanted to be down 20 lbs before Vegas in 2 wks..I started my workouts in middle of February but didn't watch my eating. Started mfp about 2 wks ago and I watch carefully. Ive only lost 3lbs .. Thinking its low in calories then high in salt .. Help !!!!

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,369 Member
    So you are losing inches but not weight via a scale? Does it really matter? Your clothes would be fitting better...

That said, you are doing well so far...it is unrealistic to expect that you would lose 20lb that quickly.
  • LoveDoc66
    LoveDoc66 Posts: 22 Member
    I know 20 lbs in Two weeks is a lit and I guess I didn't state that right... I guess I need to sit back and chill .... As I did start this journey in February but didn't start keeping track until a couple of weeks ago!! I have lost a bit more than 3lbs!! I do thank you for your support !! I know its working .. I do feel several changes !!!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    yup - you didn't officially start *this* journey until you started keeping track of your food intake. :)

Good luck - keep at it - keep your expectations reasonable. I just had a 2 week period with only 1 lb loss and I wanted to lose 10 lbs in the month of March. (Also quite a unreasonable goal, I might add...guilty! LOL...) but when I averaged out the number weeks I've been doing it, my total lbs lost has been about 2.5-3lbs a week on average, so hey, go me... lol

• blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    If I had to guess, I would say that you are not using a food scale.

Seriously, my food scale cost $10, and it might be the best $10 I have ever spent, in my entire life. Weigh your foods, track everything. Work out. Only log intentional exercise. (don't log vacuuming the house, walking the dog for 10 minutes, etc). Eat back 50% of your exercise calories if you're hungry. Lose weight.
  • hezemakiah
    hezemakiah Posts: 157 Member
    There is a post called "calorie counting 101" on the General Diet and Weight Loss Help forum I would highly suggest reading. It may be helpful for you. Best wishes on your journey!