Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

First spin class

Nina74
Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm taking my first ever spin class on Saturday. I got one of those "gel" seats so that my lady parts will function again (LOL). My trainer said once I was up to 30-45 min of elliptical, to jump into spin. I took an intro to spin class (was about 15-20 mins) that showed you how to seat up your seat, hand positions, and got you riding the bike (convinced me to get a gel seat ASAP).

Any other advice for a first timer besides go at my own pace? Everyone says the first class feels like death, but I'm slightly sadistic in that way. :love:

Replies

• I am an advt spinner and LOVE it. I hit 3 or 4 classes a week religiously. It is not love at first ride but by 4 rides and you realize the calorie burn you will be hooked! Take it slow and just remember that you set your ride so do what you can! Best of luck!
  • Take water and a towel! Be ready to sweattttt! :smile: And enjoy!
  • tech_sarah
    tech_sarah Posts: 91
    i LOVE spinning! Do it 2x a week. My instructor said no more than 3 times a week for spinning. Have fun!
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    You might just get hooked on it!!!! The nice thing about spin is that you can adjust the tension to what you can handle! You really don't need the gel seat. After a few classes you will be fine and used to the seat. Get ready to sweat and take lots of water (I wear a baseball cap and the entire cap including the bill is soaked). I hope you get a great teacher who plays motivational music!!! have FUN!!!!
This discussion has been closed.